“Great price for a great location”
Review of Pod 39 Hotel

Pod 39 Hotel
Ranked #195 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel was clean and accurate to their pictures. In a great location only 5-10mins walk from Grand Central Terminal, we were also able to walk to the Empire State Building and Rockefeller Plaza. The staff were welcoming and helpful too. The hotel also has free wifi which was fast enough to video call on. We stayed in a Queen Pod, which was snug and I wouldn't have liked anything smaller. Having said that it was a nice room, clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay again if I was in New York.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank philipdunsmore
Write a ReviewReviews (3,505)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The first time we got there when the hotel was still under construction. Nevertheless, my bestfriend and I felt at home. It's so easy to get there and the location is just perfect if a traveler needs a safe place to stay. Pod39 is for us. It's sleek, clean, eco-friendly, very efficient, and the interiors were cleverly designed.

Room Tip: Find a good deal on line.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheWanderJade
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the queen bed suite. It was a good size for me and my fiancé. The bathroom ordeal is just fine fogged glass door slides to close the bathroom from the room and the shower has a curtain so I wouldn't worry much about that. Taco Salvation was cool very hip chips and salsa was tasty. Tons of great tequilas to choose from. Rooftop bar was really cool and great to check out after a night out for dinner. Although at 10PM their taps for beers ran out which I found odd for a bar in the city so early! Found it a bit over priced when compared to local hotels.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was traveling alone to meet some friends in NEW York and got a great deal on this pod hotel .
Every one was really friendly and the rooms were extremely clean. ( prob because they had just opened and the rec. told me I was the 2nd person in that room so far) They have ipads on the walls to use while you are waiting in the lobby .

And what an awesome location, 3 blocks from Grand Central station . a few more and your at New York Public library , Briant Park ( to play chess, ping pong or watch a show/play) and Timesquare , !!!

Wow the heart of it all !!!

Smaller rooms like those in the big apple for sure, but clean sleek and Location , Location , Location ..... All you need to visit anywhere in times square.

Scotty's diner is right around the corner , Open 24hrs and I lived there. grilled chicken with sauce

Hope you liked the review and happy travels..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sabastians M
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I just hung up after trying to change/cancel a reservation. What a nightmare, most hotels (and I travel about 40%-50% of the time for work) have some sort of leniency when you call and I say "hey I had a really busy day, my plans changes and I won't be there or maybe I will." But not Pod 39, I called only 3 hours after the cancellation deadline and there was not listening to me. I had to call, let me point out, because when I attempted to cancel this reservation online earlier in the day I was unable to find the cancel reservation button, which is what most normal places have for cancelling reservations. But at Pod 39 the cancel reservation is hidden under another icon and another button so it's almost impossible to find. When I spoke with some sort of manager he said that I had all day to call, sorry I really don't. I have a job and taking the time to look up the number on a website that had navigational issues is time consuming. Some of us actually work 10-12 hr days and don't have the time to find the number and then call them, get transferred to two people to pretty much be told "this is your fault for not trying."

So buyer beware, this is not a place where they will treat you like at the Hilton. Horrible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Anna S
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Rooms are small, but has everything you'll need, including free wifi and HD cable. Make sure you're extremely comfortable with whoever you're sharing the room with as the bathroom doesn't have a fully closing door. Just a frosted sliding glass door with a hole on the side for a handle. You can here EVERYTHING on the other side of the door.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SenorDD
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel as we like boutique hotels. Very nice hotel rooms are very small even though we got a larger Queen size bed. If you are sharing make sure you are intimate with the person you are sharing with. Bathroom has a frosted glass front so you can see everything and also hear everything. Would still recommend. Hotel has a very busy bar mostly young people use it but is very quiet in the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple