“A small hotel big on friendliness and comfort”

Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side
Ranked #242 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here for two weeks, the room is very modern, clean and comfortable, and the best hotel-wifi i have tried. All the staff is pleasant and helpful, the housekeeping staff was wonderful.
The LES i a great neigbourhood, lots of cool bars, restaurants and shops I probably just went north of Houston St a couple of times, i have already seen all the "sights", but the subway is just ouside the door if you are into sightseeing.
My ninth time in NYC, i never stayed in the same hotel twice, but i will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
DianaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Hello peterpete638,

Wow! Thank you for your Amazing review. Our Holiday Inn NYC- Lower East Side family strives to ensure each and every one of our guests feel comfortable and safe while they are with us. It's great to read you enjoyed the Lower East Side and all the wonderful shops, restaurants, bars nearby. We certainly look forward to your next stay with us, be sure to give us a ring and take advantage of our Bounce Back to Fall Special. Until next time!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Initially we booked 3 nights here. After checking in we booked another 8 nights - felt no reason to go anywhere else. The hotel itself is clean, new, modern and very comfortable. The staff - absolutely wonderful. The location was the perfect icing on the cake. Walking distance to so many wonderful cafe's, restaurants, bar's and shopping - I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings Jellyfishy76,

Thank you for your amazing review. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel location is magnificent, so many places to explore and visit especially all the terrific restaurants within walking distance. Please make us your home away from home, and be sure to use our Best Deals the Work Coupon for our Bounce Back to Fall Special Offer. Until next time!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Had a wonderful experience, both before and after the trip. During the trip, the staff let me borrow a specific cord I needed for a presentation because the other location would not provide it without payment! On top of that, I forgot my coat (my bad) and they immediately FedEx'd it back to me. I couldn't have asked for a better experience with the staff and there "bendover backwards" desire to help me. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Greetings AlexIsImpressed7 ,

Our Holiday Inn NYC-Lower East Side family would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so delighted to read you had an Awesome Experience. This is exactly what we strive to provide to all of our guests, and we are truly humbled by your kind words. We welcome you back with open arms and look forward to your next adventure in the big apple! Happy and Safe travels.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed one night. The room was nice, with nice furniture and everything necessary (TV, safe, coffee-maker) but quite small (and since we were travelling with a toddler who both needed a crib and wanted some space to play around, this was a substantial disadvantage). Initially, the room was a bit cold. With heating, the room quickly reached a reasonable temperature but the bathroom remained quite cold.

Location is a bit away from main sights (longer walk from most of places one would like to see in Manhattan) but the area is reasonably nice. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful (when I later saw the receptionist in an elevator, she asked me whether we needed help with anything), housekeeping was a bit slow with bringing the crib for our baby but we have no other complaints about them.

The hotel had a restaurant (which we did not use) and the front desk was selling some snacks and soft drinks.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
DianaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Greetings andris75,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Holiday Inn NYC-Lower East Side! We are pleased to read you enjoyed your short stay with us. We strive to ensure that each and every one of our guests feel comfortable while they are with us. So for your next stay , please contact us in advanced and well be sure to upgrade you to one of our extra spacious King Executive rooms. Thank you again for your kind words and recommendations, we look forward to your return. Happy and safe travels!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I'm a hotel snob. This hotel met every expectation. It's located in a prime spot, just right off the Williamsburg bridge. The room is small but very clean, new and modern. It's a new hotel, so I just hope it stays this way.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
DianaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Greetings inkhaus,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. Our Holiday Inn NYC-Lower East Side family strives to ensure each and every one of our guests feel at home while they are with us. We are truly humbled by your words and are so delighted to read our hotel over exceeded your expectations. Don't forget to contact us in advanced for your next booking and take advantage of our Book Smart Deals that Work Promotion for great savings! Until next time.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This hotel is all good, good service, good rooms. I didn't explore the restaurant and other amenities but I am sure they were fine. The neighborhood is not the loveliest but the hotel met all my demands. And when I left some belongings in a drawer, I received them in the mail days later.
Kind of interesting staying at the foot of the Williamsburg Bridge, a walk over to Brooklyn!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
DianaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Greetings Kimals61,

Thank you for your wonderful review! Our Holiday Inn NYC-Lower East Side family takes pride in the service we provide to our guests, and we are delighted to read your experience with us exceeded your expectations. The Lower East Side is a wonderful neighborhood, and what makes our hotel location more fascinating is that Brooklyn is just a few steps away. Remember to contact us in advanced for your next booking and take advantage of our Book Smart Deals that Work promotion for great savings! Until next time!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Great hotel in a good location to explore the Lower East Side. Staff were friendly, always saying hello whenever I passed the front desk. They allowed me a very early checkin from my redeye flight, which was greatly appreciated.

The room was spotless. and relatively spacious by New York standards (I've stayed in about 50 over the years). I was given a handicap accessible room for some reason, but I liked the wet room shower a lot. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows, and I always had a great sleep. The internet was fast and free. The large modern TV had lots of channels. The heater was kinda noisy, but I was fine with that. No significant noise from outside.

Although for a new hotel, you could hear much of what went on in the adjacent rooms - the soundproofing is poor and your privacy is severely compromised - not what you'd expect from a hotel built just a couple of years ago.

Overall though, a positive in-room experience. There were a few relatively minor issues.

The first morning, room service breakfast arrived, with plastic cutlery (ew) and the fruit item missing. I called to ask what the "right and on time guarantee" meant, I was told "it's just a slogan". I was asked if it arrived at the right time, I said "yes it was on time, but it wasn't right, was it?". They did then comp me the whole thing, which was unexpected but nice.

Later that first day, housekeeping didn't show up at all, which was kinda annoying.

I left when the clocks went forward, so to be sure of my alarms I arranged a wake-up call with the front desk, the clerk volunteered to make another one 15 minutes later. Unfortunately, neither of these alarm calls were made to me. Luckily I had woken up with my phone alarm, else I'd have missed my flight.

Overall, I enjoyed it, and I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kenny353

Greetings Kenny353,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We greatly appreciate you choosing our hotel as your accommodation of choice while visiting the city. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you might have experienced throughout your stay. We always strive to make each of our guest stay as flawless and memorable as possible. We are taking your concerns seriously and have forwarded them to the appropriate people. We hope you continue to choose us in the future and look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New York City
Orchard Street Hotel
Orchard Street Hotel
#316 of 473 in New York City
Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New York
Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New...
#63 of 473 in New York City
Financial District
Holiday Inn Manhattan - Financial District
Holiday Inn Manhattan - Financia...
#230 of 473 in New York City
Hotel on Rivington
Hotel on Rivington
#165 of 473 in New York City
Blue Moon Hotel
Blue Moon Hotel
#419 of 473 in New York City

Been to Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side? Share your experiences!