“Excellent value in a great part of the city”

Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side
Ranked #206 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I jump at the chance anytime I can stay in the Lower East Side of the city. This hotel is a nice affordable gem. This hotel is super clean and is close to a subway station. My husband and I had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank uniquemo
DianaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Greetings uniquemo,

Thank you for your amazing review! Our Holiday Inn Lower East Side family would like to thank you for your kind words and recognition. Take advantage of our Book Smart Deals that work promotion for your next booking, we look forward to your return. Happy and safe travels!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Travelling quite often to NYC, I cant believe that this was the very first time to stay at this easy access hotel. Location is a premium if food and life is your thing, close to subway for uptown or Brooklyn adventures, I'll be staying here again, for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank hayd1405

Greetings hayd1405,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience at the Holiday Inn Lower East Side, we are so delighted to read you truly enjoyed your stay with us and fell in love with the location. The Lower East Side is home to so many amazing restaurants, bars, shops and historic sites. Please make us your home away from home, and we look forward to your next stay with us. Happy and Safe Travels!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed 2 weeks at this hotel and really appreciated it's location: next to a subway station, close to lower Manhattan, midtown Manhattan, and Brooklyn . (Buy a transit pass for $30/week, well worth it!) The neighborhood is not the best, but is not dangerous. Reception was friendly and helpful, as was the manager. When some guests made noise late at night, (on 2 occasions during our stay), staff acted immediately to effectively silence them! Unfortunately the doors close very loudly, so that was annoying. The room was small, but clean and functional. The diner in the basement (different ownership) featured mediocre food and terrible service!

Room Tip: We were given a room at the back of the hotel. We heard very little outdoor noise, even tho we were...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zmanCalifornia
DianaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Greetings zmanCalifornia,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us, we are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced, however it is wonderful that you brought it to the Front Desks attention, as we were able to make it right right then and there. Retro Bar and Grill is our terrific 50's themed restaurant, it is saddening to hear your experience was less than satisfying. We would certainly love to have the opportunity to have you experience the best service and taste all the delicious menu selections our bar and grill has to offer. Until next time!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I just spent four nights of our honeymoon in the Holiday Inn LES. The hotel was fantastic in every way. Helpful staff, very clean modern rooms, very comfortable bedding, great location, and great value. The metro is nearby and thus access to the entire City. Lively nightlife with many great restaurants, bars, and lounges within a 5 block radius. Taxis are plentiful out on Delancey ST and it's a short ride from La Guardia. I highly recommend this hotel! Enjoy, I know we just did!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alexi919
DianaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Greetings alexi919,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with the TripAdvisor community and for your kind words and recommendations! Our Holiday Inn Lower East Side family is so happy to read our accommodations, service and location exceeded your each and every expectation. We look forward to your next adventure in the city the that never sleeps! Until next time!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Not having spent a much time in NYC, I was unsure where to go. This was such a pleasant surprise. So convenient to park car, then took subways everywhere. Also had a view of the new Freedom Tower. Staff was very helpful, had a late checkout until 2 pm. Very clean, great accommodations, small rooms, but that is to be expected. Felt 100 % safe. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Freedom Tower and Delancy Street
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mlace
DianaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Greetings mlace,

Thank you for sharing your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Lower East Side, we are pleased to read you experienced a memorable stay with us. It is our priority to ensure each and every one of our guests feel comfortable and safe while they are with us. We certainly look forward to your next stay with us, don't forget to contact us in advanced for your next booking and well ensure to have a small little welcome back surprise set up for your arrival.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We booked 3 rooms in early May for 6 nights each, the hotel is well located only a block from the subway. Area still a bit grungy but I never felt unsafe. Walking distance to Soho, Little Italy, Brooklyn Bridge etc. My only complaint was that my room keycard was constantly faulty - I had to get it changed 5 out of 6 days. After the 3rd time I was told it was probably because it rubbed against credit cards so I then kept it in the cardboard sleeve - but it kept happening. They gave me a late checkout so all is well. . My room was really good, nice and quiet and clean - it was very small but had a king bed - perfect for 1 person and luggage! My friends had a twin and found it very tight with 2 doubles and they also had very noisy neighbours at 3am. My room was recently refurbished and the bathroom seemed brand new. Had everything you need except my usual complaint about US hotels - no fridge or kettle and awful teabags. Ice was down the hall though so I kept my milk in the ice bucket.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank judegoldy
DianaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Greetings judegoldy,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience at our property. We value our guests feedback and are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced throughout your stay with us. Please make us your home away from home, and don't forget to contact us in advanced for your next booking.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn whilst attending a conference in New York and I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, modern and large with all the facilities and extras including WiFi, TV and place to charge your iPad/iPhone via a USB port which is really useful if you are travelling from overseas and haven't yet got all the necessary plug adapters to charge your portable devices. The king size bed in the room was also extremely comfortable and I even checked to see what the brand was so I could maybe get one myself when I got home. The staff at the front desk were also very pleasant and helpful and made the stay all the more enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank RichardBrooksbank
DianaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Greetings RichardBrooksbank,

Wow thank you for the Amazing 5 Star Review!! It is terrific to read you experienced a perfect stay with us. It is our priority to ensure each and every one of our guests is treated like a member of our own family. Thank you again for your recognition and recommendation, please contact us in advanced for your next booking and well ensure to have a small welcome back surprise set up for your arrival.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New York City
Hotel on Rivington
Hotel on Rivington
#152 of 469 in New York City
Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New York
Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New...
#75 of 469 in New York City
The Ludlow New York City
#77 of 469 in New York City
Financial District
Four Points by Sheraton New York Downtown
Four Points by Sheraton New York...
#348 of 469 in New York City
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York ...
#5 of 33 in Long Island City

Been to Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side? Share your experiences!