“Great coffee near Madison Square Park”
Review of Birch Coffee

Birch Coffee
Ranked #26 of 461 Coffee & Tea in New York City
Cuisines: French
Denver, Colorado
“Great coffee near Madison Square Park”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed down the street from Birch Coffee and decided to pick up a couple of cups. I drink my coffee black and I really enjoyed the natural and quality taste of the coffee. Would go back to this place for coffee if I was in the area. Customer service was also really good.

Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Good breakfast & good service”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

There was really friendly service at this small and quaint spot, and clearly lost of people stop there for coffee. We were there for breakfast and both tried different coffees; although we drink it black anyway we both found the two types we ordered incredibly bitter. But the food was good - I had the breakfast sandwich and my boyfriend had the fruit & ricotta, although he ordered the oatmeal. There wasn't really a chance to say he got the wrong order since it was really busy and left at our table quite quickly so our server could get back to the counter. We weren't able to get anyone's attention. A small thing but the washroom in this place is right next to one or two of the tables (and I mean RIGHT next to it, if the table is full you'd have to ask to get in and out of the door) and I almost knocked over a pregnant woman who was trying to get seated at the table as I exited the washroom. Facilities could be better but for those who are already big fans, could be part of its charm. Also they have a cute way of getting tip $$ here - they take a survey and you put your cash into the box with the 'answer' you think is the right one. All in all a good breakfast near our hotel (Carlton Autograph). The price was right and the coffee and facilities could use a bit of work.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank l0ves2travl
Cork, Ireland
“Simple but amazing”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The food was good quality, healthy, satisfactory and delicious! The staff were very pleasant and welcoming!

Visited June 2013
Nottingham
“Great staff”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Yummy salads and sandwiches and good coffee and beer! Always buzzing with people. Very handy to have next to your hotel.

Visited June 2013
Maplewood, New Jersey
“the oatmeal is awesome”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We went here the morning we were leaving the Gershwin Hotel to have breakfast. The oatmeal was super tasty and so was the coffee.

Visited June 2012