“Good food and place”
Review of Corner Social

Corner Social
Reserve with OpenTable
Corner Social is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,049 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$39
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Harlem
Cross street: 126th Street
Transit: 2 & 3 express lines to 125th Street station and Lenox Avenue are a short block away A, B, C & D to 125th Street and Saint Nicholas Avenue Station are 3 blocks away 4, 5 & 6 to 125th Street and Lexington Avenue are 4 blocks away
Description: Locals and those who take eating and drinking seriously know that perched at the northwest corner of 126th and Lenox is a dining and drinking destination that embraces the very best of Harlem; a warm, inviting, vibrant, pulsing scene. Corner Social offers late night dining, outdoor seating, special DJ nights, in addition to daily lunch, dinner, weekend brunch, a 18-brass tap bar and year round custom catering for events large and small. A proud member of the Harlem community, Corner Social sources ingredients from local vendors that serve the community and partners with local organizations that further the interests of the Harlem neighborhoods it serves.
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Good food, decent price, it just took a bit too long, probably because they were fool, Brazilian football match on world cup going on.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for a meal before a gig at Apollo theatre.
Hostess super friendly and I was seated on the patio with great people watching as the folks of Harlem went about their evening.
Solid American food offerings and quite a nice raspberry margarita. Waitress a bit slow to start with, but she eventually found her groove and ended up quite chatty.
Was a very hot night and the busboys/food runners kept water glasses full and the tables cleared.
All up a good quick meal in a pleasant spot.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The food of the guy sitting next to me looked real good. He said it was good, so I'll have to take his word for it. We stopped in to listen to the music and grab a few drinks. The DJ was on point. I was ready to get up out my seat. The drinks were good. I did order dessert. Let's just say, chocolate cake without icing is not a brownie so don't call it one. But all in all I liked this spot and would definitely recommend it as a spot to hang out, mingle and maybe even catch a bite to eat. There were plenty of people up in this joint mixing mingling and having a good time. 2 thumbs up for the social scene at the Corner Social.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Definitely a place for any time spent in Harlem. Very easy and comfortable ambience that will be appreciated. We ate on the patio right on Lenox Street so even more enjoyable. You get an alcoholic drink with your brunch entrée so a great start. Lots of interesting choices and the three brunch dishes were very good. Kind of a pub type atmosphere with no pressure and not pretentious. Servers and helpers were friendly. Good portion sizes.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Had brunch here with two girlfriends on Sunday.
The patio is great, as long as the weather is.
We actually planned on going to Red Rooster, but it was so packed we thought we would wait out our reservation and have drinks here.
To summarize (in case you don’t want to read everything): Get drinks here (costly but good) and eat across the street.

Drinks we ordered:
- 321 Pineapple: Pretty good, not as sweet as you’d think. We all liked this one
- Corner Smash: I LOVED this one. The mint added the perfect match in flavor to the Jack Honey. 2/3 of us liked this one.
- Social Margarita: Also loved this margarita on the rocks. We all liked this one.

The actual food was a bit of a mixed review.
Pretty hard to mess up a Belgian Waffle… but I am vegetarian so I asked for something else besides sausage on the side. The waitress suggested an additional cup of fruit. I thought this sounded perfect; mixed berries and whip on the waffle, side of fruit.
Nope! Got a plain waffle with a cup of pineapple and mixed melons?
Where are the berries in the entrée’s description? I asked the waitress and she said “this is how it comes” I asked for clarification, they serve melon on a Belgian waffle?
Personally, I think she messed up the order and instead of apologizing and grabbing me some berries for my waffle- got a tad defensive. At least the bus boy kindly brought me some whip cream without hassle.
**Note for vegetarians: Don’t risk it, just give your friend your sausage. Especially if you’re like me and hate melon. HAHA

The other entrees:
Shrimp and Grits- Looked and tasted pretty good.
Chicken and Waffles- Friend said the chicken was just ‘okay’ , and its pretty hard to mess up a plain waffle.