“Great way to see Midtown!”

Sidewalks of NY Food Truck Tours
Ranked #35 of 105 Food & Drink in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Eat your way through the best street food in the greatest city in the world! New York Food Truck Tours offer mouthwatering excursions to the tastiest and most interesting New York Food Trucks. Street food in New York has its own unique, ever-changing culture as well as a long and rich history. At New York Food Truck Tours, we take you to the New York food trucks that the locals frequent, so you can experience the real flavors, people and culinary energy that you can only find in NYC. Choose from one of our three food truck and cart tours in Downtown, Midtown or Union Square West.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I took my mother and sister to New York for the first time, and my sister's only request was to eat some interesting and amazing food - this tour met all those requirements and more. Our guide, Josh, was charming and very knowledgeable, and he dealt with my mother's food allergies like a pro. The food was exceptional and flowed nicely - savory, then spicy, then savory, then sweet, etc. We arrived starving and finished absolutely stuffed, which is exactly how you want to end a food tour!

Book in advance if you are visiting during a busy time, as it seemed a lot of the tours were sold out. And although a small bottle of water was provided as part of the tour, we ended up buying more because some of the food was quite spicy. The walking itself is very easy (all on Midtown's wide sidewalks) and would be appropriate for strollers, young children, etc.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We participated in the Downtown Food Truck tour our trip to NY. Our tour guide Dante, was great, full of information about the trucks themselves and also the financial district. He was friendly, funny and just a generally nice guy. The tour included food from 5 different trucks, our favourite was Korilla, a Korean BBQ truck, the food was amazing. The tour lasted around 90 minutes as we were a small group of 5, and as the trucks are all relatively close together, there is not really that much walking to do. If your are looking to do something a little bit different, I would definitely recommend this!

2  Thank leannek996
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Josh, who owns this company, was our tour guide and he was very nice and informative about the food truck business in NYC. The highlight of our tour was the Biryani Cart in midtown and Wafels & Dinges in Soho. These two food trucks had throw downs with Bobby Flay and won. We got to taste the winners and they were delicious. The other food trucks were just okay but still interesting and Josh pointed out and talked about different architecture during the tour which was a bonus.

1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I were here from Australia and had heard so much about the food truck culture in NY. This tour give you an insight and most importantly of all, a tasting into the heart of the NY food scene. We loved it. By the end of the tour I could not eat anymore and needed to undo another notch on my belt. Best food truck was the waffles and dinges but they were all fantastic as were our guides for the day. (i think we visited around 5 or so carts which was so much food)
Take our advice and get on this tour especially if you're from out of town like us.

1  Thank Rockslobster
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Was a great food truck tour!! The size of the portions for tasting were HUGE and i have a big appetite. I couldnt even finish most of the tastings. The tour guide was very knowledgeable .. Maybe could havw used a bit more spunk! Wasnt very enthusaistic if i compared him to previous tour guides ..I have done alot of food walking tours in the city. All in all thought i would def reccomend this tour! It is truely worth the $ :)

1  Thank 4_cookz