“Jesus is there!”

Times Square Church
Ranked #143 of 1,144 things to do in New York City
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I've followed David Wilkerson's ministry for over 40 years. So sad that I never made it here before he died. But truly, being here was an amazing moment in my life. The people were kind, clearly they love the Lord, the service was precious and the Holy Spirit was definitely present. We loved it. Just loved it. I even thought I'd love to move to NYC just to be a part of this body of Christ. There were people from so many walks of life- different nations, poor and wealthy, dressed up and dressed down. It doesn't matter. It's about how much Jesus loves every one of us. If you have a chance, please go.

6  Thank MusingsOnTravel

Reviewed 3 November 2013

When I went to N.Y first time. I visit Times Square Church.
I feel so amazing. sermon is into my heart, gospel song is move my mind.
I listen "My God is awsome".

yes. God is awsome. I understand not head but heart.

Thanks God.

7  Thank wawach
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The church was friendly and uplifting. Go early to the 10 am service to get a seat as it was standing room for some people. The acoustics and choir were better than the broadway play we saw the night before! The building is stunningly beautiful on the inside which was a complete surprise.A must see!

5  Thank kdunn12
Reviewed 30 September 2013

It was truly amazing to see people of all different ethnic backgrounds under one roof worshiping God together. Wow. And then, couple that with people from all walks of life. I saw people that honestly, appeared to be rejected from society in some way, pouring their hearts out in praise and worship. I will definitely visit again when I'm in the area. Truly a wonderful experience.

6  Thank Tara973
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I went to this church for about 13 years and am telling you I had the worst experience of my life in this church. I am naturally a happy, upbeat, outgoing, caring, selfless, and probably the most joyful person you will ever meet, but my experience with the people of this church almost always made me miserable and forced me to change my personality. I think 99% of my time in the church was spent crying during worship because of the God awful people in that church. It is a very oppressive environment and I think the longer you stay in this church, the more possessive they become of you. I still can’t figure out till today how everything I do in the privacy of my apartment, at work, and my life outside of church is a known to church members, people at my jobs, and complete strangers. This is still an ongoing problem, I think they have deep connection to law enforcement/Politicians. I still can’t say anything out loud in my apartment without worrying about the information getting out. They have some perverted doctrines in both of these churches. Attending this church and Hillsong NYC has truly been one of the most destructive experiences of my life. They may look holy, but these are some of the most evil people in the world. I am still trying to get rid of some of the psychopaths from these churches following me around. Both of these churches truly exemplify selfishness and hypocrisy on the highest level. My experience in these two churches almost destroyed my faith, but thank God for Jesus! Although, after my experience in this church, I still wonder sometimes if Jesus is alive or dead if he can allow church people to behave like this and DO NOTHING ABOUT IT, but that is an issue I will have to take with Jesus. I am pretty sure after my experience in TSC and Hillsong NYC, I will most likely never be stepping foot in church again till I die and I will advise anyone to stay away from these churches. One time visit won't show you the type of people you are dealing with, a few months or years will show you that these churches do not represent the heart of Jesus. They play God and I personally can tell you they are very bad at being God. If these idiots were in control, the entire world will become atheists. Due to my experience in this church, I am concluding that Churches are horrible places to attend. Jesus is still awesome though!!!!

10  Thank Toyin2013