“Made so welcome” 5 of 5 bubbles

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Made so welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

We are not normally church going people, but possibly would be if all services were as cheerful and lively as the service here. We were made so welcome. Thank you for allowing us to join your service.

Visited March 2014
9 Thank HAPPYTRAVELLERS55_9

• Turkish first
Seattle Washington
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Take time to attend inspiring Times Square Church”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Each time I'm in NYC I make a point to attend a service at Times Square Church. David Wilkerson's true story of The Cross and the Switchblade book and then movie, tells how God used him to bring Nicky Cruz, a gang leader, to Christ. Later Wilkerson founded Time Square Church as a ministry of God's love to the Times Square community, especially the disadvantaged.

Times Square Church is actually a gorgeous former theater that is rococo baroque style gilded with gold and exuding ornate richness. Besides Sunday services at 10 am, 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm, there is a service on Tuesdays at 7:00 pm. Go early if you want a seat. It's always packed. Ushers are there to help. You will see people representing numerous nationalities attending there. Translators are available through means of headphones. Singing with faith and fervor is the outstanding large gospel choir that will touch your heart. You'll hear an inspiring message from the Bible and an altar call is given for those who want prayer or to receive Jesus as Savior.

Of the many wonderful sites to visit in the Times Square area, Times Square Church is one of my favorites to sense and be blessed by the presence of God in an exceptionally beautiful atmosphere.

Visited December 2013
8 Thank PanoramaPoint
Clemmons, North Carolina, USA
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Jesus is there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I've followed David Wilkerson's ministry for over 40 years. So sad that I never made it here before he died. But truly, being here was an amazing moment in my life. The people were kind, clearly they love the Lord, the service was precious and the Holy Spirit was definitely present. We loved it. Just loved it. I even thought I'd love to move to NYC just to be a part of this body of Christ. There were people from so many walks of life- different nations, poor and wealthy, dressed up and dressed down. It doesn't matter. It's about how much Jesus loves every one of us. If you have a chance, please go.

Visited December 2013
6 Thank MusingsOnTravel
Seoul, South Korea
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

When I went to N.Y first time. I visit Times Square Church.
I feel so amazing. sermon is into my heart, gospel song is move my mind.
I listen "My God is awsome".

yes. God is awsome. I understand not head but heart.

Thanks God.

Visited October 2013
7 Thank wawach
Racine, Wisconsin
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Awesome!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

The church was friendly and uplifting. Go early to the 10 am service to get a seat as it was standing room for some people. The acoustics and choir were better than the broadway play we saw the night before! The building is stunningly beautiful on the inside which was a complete surprise.A must see!

Visited September 2013