The hotel is quite new - and it shows in so many ways.
1) We arrived at 2:45 pm and were hoping to get an early checkin (by 15 minutes) given the hotel's policy of 3 pm check in. Sadly it was closer to 4 when we finally got to our room. When I asked the front desk manager how they could justify such incompetence - I was told it was my fault because I had requested 2 rooms ont he same floor. I assume he was the front desk manager - he was wearing a suit and not the funky braces and denim shirt uniform everyone else was wearing.
2) The rooms are stylish - yes - but totally impractical. There is no stor\ge space - a large wooden cube is given over to the (eyewateringly expensive) minibar - and the bedside table is a waste of potential sotrage space - drawer looks big but is a lot smaller than you'd expect. Overall I get the impression that the tradeoff between style and practicality is totally wrong here.
3) minor niggles include room doors (both) which don't shut, ice machines which don;t work and an uncomfortable amount of light coming in through the bathroom window (and an iability to cut it out with the use of blinds)
1) the staff are all really friendly and helpful
2) the cleaning service is good - thought at times quite late in the day -we've returned exhaustedat 3pm to find the room was still in the process of being cleaned.
Overall - I wish we had chosen a more anonymous chain hotel -- where at least we would have had space and a more competent experience.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Southall Travel and Hotels.com so you can book your Refinery Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.