Refinery Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$200
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$188
US$308
US$274
US$347
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$232
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$515
US$412
  • Room Service
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$267
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$171
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$167
  • Fitness centre
4,457 results
All reviewsrooftop barparker quinnbryant parkhat factorythe empire state buildingcupcakesnew yorkmagnolia bakerygreat hotellive jazzhardwood floorsfashion districtboutique hotelhotel gueststimes squaregreat boutiquecomfortable beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Overall a good stay! Check-in and check-out were easy and employees friendly. The hotel and room is well-decorated in something that vaguely resembles 1930s NYC. The room was comfortable and had everything I needed. (Good shades, sheets, a safe, plenty of outlets.) Free, open wifi. Hotel was cool without trying too hard. Roof bar was a neat atmosphere, but the crowd in both bars is probably late 30s-early 50s.

My room was a little noisy, but not too bad for a hotel in a busy area. The doormen were always chatting to each other and not opening the door. At least they weren’t ripping off tourists with overpriced car services like you see at the bigger hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms facing either street will have some truck noise at night. Not too bad for NYC.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Glad that you enjoyed your overall experience, AndyMell. Thank you for your post. We look forward to welcoming you back to Refinery Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We were impressed with the hotel and staff from start to finish. Beautifully modern vibe - loved the wood floors in the rooms with the high ceilings. Very clean. Rooftop bar was so cool! Definitely would come back here to stay! Great getaway for couples!

Room Tip: Stay away from the delivery side of the hotel - noisy in the morning.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ingrid S

Thank you for your review, ijs2010--we look forward to your return stay.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

When I first walked into the Refinery I felt I was in a funky rich environment that immediately gave me the feeling that the rest of the hotel wasn't going to let me down. Consistent quality, quiet elegance with the right amount of friendly service combined with respectfulness and anonymity that made you feel like you weren't being intruded on with the knowledge that conversation or a few laughs were always available when called upon. Great place with very personable service that always made you feel like the "guest".. The boys out front always greeted me by my name whenever I returned and had a taxi waiting when I gave them the five minute warning. Thanks to Matty, Ray and Azziz up front for making my stay appreciated each time I walked in and to Alberto for his consistent thoughtfulness that made me look important when I brought in guests. Epic place and would highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for a "home" in a big town. It just gets better each time I return.

Room Tip: Four to a room? Room 408 is 400 sq ft. Plenty of room to stretch out.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tambalini
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for your review, Tambalini. We greatly look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Wonderfully renovated boutique hotel in an awesome location near Bryant Park. Outstanding service - everyone was warm and welcoming. Loved the rooftop lounge. Would have given the Refinery five stars but for a couple of issues with the room. While it was very spacious and bright (loved the high ceilings and large window) and very nicely appointed, the queen bed was pushed against the wall with only one nightstand - a bit awkward getting in and out of bed and no place to put cell phone, water, etc. The bathroom was small with limited vanity space and not great lighting. Also there was a bit of street noise which may have been because of the room location. Overall, a very nice stay - we hope to visit again soon.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bootsie27

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, Bootsie27. We greatly appreciate your taking the time to post and hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Refinery for our honeymoon. Upon check-in, we were very amazed by the friendliness and happiness of the stuff. When we got to the room, we found a bottle of champagne with a Congratulation card signed by "Your friends from Refinery". The room was incredibly setup to welcome us and help us celebrate . Our stay at Refinery was a great and a heart touching experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

We are so glad that you enjoyed your honeymoon stay with us, wessy_wiwi, thank you for your review--we hope you will be making a return visit soon.