“Location, Service, a Hidden Gem”
Review of Refinery Hotel

Refinery Hotel
Ranked #28 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Alaska
“Location, Service, a Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Just got back from a short stay in New York City, and I can sum up my stay at the Refinery Hotel in one word "WOW"! The location was great we walked to every were we wanted to go. Bryant Park is just a block or two away from the hotel, and the views of the Empire State Building from the rooftop bar are phenomenal. (The other two bars in the hotel are really nice too but they don't have the view the rooftop bar does) What really sets this hotel apart from the rest is service! It started at check in when they handed me a lovely glass of wine, and continued throughout my stay. There was even a hand written note in my room welcoming me to the hotel. My room had a really cool and retro plank floor. There was a night light setting in the bathroom which made waking up in a strange place not so freaky. So many times hotels seem "cookie cutter" the Refinery broke the mold and set itself apart from the pack! If I have one hesitation about submitting this review is that next time I am in New York I won't be able to get a room for myself but this hotel is to special to be kept to myself!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post, AKcruiseholidays. Your enthusiasm means a lot to us here at Refinery Hotel and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cannes, France
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I suppose the best place to start with this Hotel is the location. If you want to be right in the middle of NYC 38th and 6th is probably as close as you will get. An unassuming entrance ( Not a negative) hides a clean hallway with a pleasant hotel bar on the right leading to reception. The staff were extremely friendly even though we arrived on a busy Saturday night. We were quickly told about the amenities in the Hotel and given our room key. The room on the 11th floor was big for NYC spotlessly clean, comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom-well stocked and Wifi throughout the building.
We wanted to get moving but when we got out of the elevator downstairs the guy showing people to the other elevator for the rooftop terrace bar was so friendly we said why not after the long flight just relax with a drink, we were taken aback by the bar, the view of the Empire State Building 3 blocks away was breathtaking and as with downstairs the service was fantastic. The three nights and four days we spent here as a couple really were fantastic.
While probably not a family hotel ( I didn't enquire) it is a great Hotel for couples or adult groups.
I will without hesitation refer this Hotel to anyone that wants to visit New York and challenge them to prove my review wrong.

Room Tip: I gave the sleep quality a 4 not a 5 because it was NYC and unless you are in an underground bunker...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobRyanincannes
RobRyanincannes, thank you for your kind words and review. We are so glad that you found us and hope you will be visiting us again in the future.
Reykjavík, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Nice and small hotel in a great location. Clean rooms, great beds and first class staff. We were well received from the minute we set foot inside, actually we were greeted right outside and every request we made was attended to. The rooftop bar is excellent for those looking for a night out. Location wise this location is very convenient, everything you need within reach.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for your review, ArniArna. We hope you will be returning for a second visit in the future.
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Great stay! Awesome service, location, decor, comfort! Also, the rooftop lounge is very cool. Fun way to start your evening before heading out to dinner. Location very central and not bad transfer from LGA. No noise issues. And also had some appetizers and drinks at restaurant and we were very pleased.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, milgraham, and look forward to welcoming you back to Refinery Hotel soon.
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed at the Refinery for a weekend trip in NYC. We couldn't have been more pleased with our stay. Our overall experience was amazing! From the fabulous decor, spacious room and bathroom, friendly hotel staff, great central location, and the rooftop bar we had a blast! The rooftop bar had great martinis and a wonderful view of the Empire State building. I highly recommend staying at The Refinery hotel.

1 Thank betc44
Thank you for your recommendation, betc44. We hope you will be making a return trip in the future.
Utica, New York
Reviewed 19 November 2013

FIRST CLASS ALL THE WAY!!! Loved my stay at the Refinery Hotel. It is beautiful and classy beyond words. The location is great, the staff helpful and friendly, and the decor is breathtakingly beautiful. I have stayed in some of the best hotels in NYC, but after staying at The Refinery, I could honestly say I WILL NEVER STAY ANYWHERE ELSE!!!!! LOVED LOVED LOVED IT! I cant wait to come back!

Lisa Gallimo
Utica, N

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LisaGallimo
Your enthusiasm means a lot to us, LisaGallimo--thank you for your review, we look forward to that next visit!
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My two girlfriends and I went here for a three days vacation and we we're all very pleased with our stay. The staff was nice and helpful, the doorman Aziz (and his collegues) treated us really well. The rooms have chic and trendy design, it's clean and tidy and everytime we left the hotel it was with a smile on our faces. Would definitely stay at this hotel again!

1 Thank Mika H
We will look forward to your next stay with us, Mika W. Thank you for posting.