Refinery Hotel
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$343
  • Room Service
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$367
US$251
  • Restaurant
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$188
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$284
  • Restaurant
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$308
US$312
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
US$291
  • Pool
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$211
Travelocity
US$472
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
4,457 results
All reviewsrooftop barparker quinnbryant parkhat factorythe empire state buildingcupcakesnew yorkmagnolia bakerygreat hotellive jazzhardwood floorsfashion districtboutique hotelhotel gueststimes squaregreat boutiquecomfortable beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed at the Refinery with my mom (70) and daughter (18) for a long weekend at the end of October. While checking in (the room was ready early and they upgraded our room), they asked the purpose of our stay. It was a trip for my mom's 70th birthday. After our day out exploring the city, we returned to our room to find a bottle of wine, a dozen mini cupcakes, and a lovely and thoughtful handwritten note wishing my mom a most wonderful birthday trip. Wow! This is the kind of service you so rarely find! The staff were all more than eager to assist with any questions, requests, etc. The room was oversized and beautifully appointed. The millinery and tailoring theme of the hotel was carried beautifully throughout (appropriate for the fashion district). The roof top bar - gorgeous! The location of the hotel was second to none - a short walk to Times Square, Bryant Park and 5th Avenue. If I was going back, I wouldn't hesitate to return. Have already told my friends that if they go, they must stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Your kind words mean a lot to us, thornegirls, and we thank you for your recommendations.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

The refinery provides one of those surprising experiences, when you have a general expectation and a lot more comes forth. I am a wanna be New Yorker that has passed thru a million times. My grandmother requested a trip to NYC for her 90th. The last and only time she had seen the city was 70 years ago when she came to the USA. The staff at the Refinery were more than perfect to her. And to the rest of us. It was a memory created by ease of experience and the welcome of the place. I will always be thankful to everyone at the Refinery and will refer and rebook when possible. No question. Thanks to a good business. Thanks to the Refinery staff!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for posting and for your references, badgernoggle, we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I first discovered The Refinery in August 2013 when it had just opened. It was such a treat that I couldn't wait to get back. It is one of the few business ( mine) hotels that I found myself wanting to book my next stay before checking out. And it happened again! I have already booked for Feb 2014.
I just don't want to stay anywhere else in NYC now. I got spoiled.
Decor is tres chic and deco cool. Rooms are literally the largest I have ever had in NYC. Ceiling are high. Washrooms spacious and spotless. Now that I am telling you, I fear I won't get a room the next time after next time !
Service is top notch and Front Desk went out of their way to make me feel special and welcome. Resto in Lobby
has killer breakfast. Much prefer this area to staying right IN Times Square. Close enough to walk, far enough not to hear ! My home away from home.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mgreene787
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

We are glad you found us and that you have enjoyed both visits--we look forward to your next stay and thank you for posting!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

The hotel is well planned and thought out with ample, comfortable public spaces, nice services like the lobby bar, and an interesting history.The design respects the history and informs as well.
We had room 1001 with a spectacular view of the Empire State Building. The room was spacious, well laid out, and well appointed. Amenities were suitable for the room and the bed very comfortable. The room was quiet, a very much appreciated feature in New York. The Refinery has a roof top bar with fantastic views and perfect drinks. The outside space was good to wander around and take in the different views. Make reservations though, it is very popular and crowded. An excellent choice when in Manhattan.

Room Tip: Room 1001 had a great view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, 50Stater. We hope you will return for a second visit in the future.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Our first time in New York and faced with the huge choice of places to stay then we did turn to Trip Advisor reviews for guidance - The Refinery certainly did live up to expectations!

The hotel is ideally located in the heart of New York and an excellent base for the main tourist attractions.

We stayed in a deluxe double queen (room 308) which was a spacious and quiet room. The beds were unbelievably comfortable. The only downside was that there was insufficient space for our clothes (and we were only staying for 4 days). We also found the inside of the closet to be very dusty and I did have to clean this before putting clothes on the shelves.

The rooftop bar is a real plus for the hotel. I would recommend the installation of heaters in the outdoor area which will enable guests to sit outside and enjoy the city lights.

We do concur with many of the previous reviews, that the staff were extremely courteous and did make our visit to 'The Big Apple' even more special and memorable - thank you.

A very enjoyable stay and I can highly recommend The Refinery Hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 308 - no noise issues at all
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Evans03
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated, Evans03. We look forward to your visiting us again soon.