Refinery Hotel
Ranked #29 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I frequent NYC for work and have stayed at at least 20+ different hotels. I love the refinery for its decor, staff and charm. The rooms are appoointed with great details throughout. The size of the rooms do very depending on type of room booked. There is a fabulous roof top bar that is the perfect way to end your day, and a great resturant attached as well. From the doorman, to the lobby to the front desk staff - the team was welcoming and wonderful. The location is perfect - close to 34th street, 5th avenune and still walking distance from Times Square. No complaints whatsoever about this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mansion77
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for your post, Mansion77. We look forward to welcoming you back to Refinery Hotel soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,255)

Reviewed 27 January 2014

From the moment we arrived to this beautiful hotel, the door staff, front desk staff and bar staff were amazing! It was my Birthday and everyone made a point to wish me a happy day! They went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and fun. The location is perfect, the rooftop bar lovely and the rooms are especially roomy and cozy! I loved the bathrooms! The decor is hip and very we'll done! I highly recommend the Refinery NYC for anyone looking for a hip and classy time in the city! Bravo!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Jenny P--thank you for your review. Your recommendation means a lot to us and we hope you will be making a return visit in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here first week of December 2013 just got around to writing a review now. First trip to New York and won't be my last will return to the refinery! Arrived mid afternoon checked in and got upgraded to a suite how great!! Friendly staff more then happy to help always have a smile on there face! Suite lovely with two king beds big tv with channels and lovely bathroom, maids come in everyday give fresh towels, ate in the restaurant on the last day and it was amazing. Location was perfect within walking distance of Times Square and 5 min walk to Macy's and Victoria's Secret. I'd come back here in a rush can't wait to book up again this year! Refinery made my trip to New York very enjoyable thank you!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the visit, Partygirl2222, and look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Newest edition to my top favorite hotels in NYC. Incredible location and extremely pleasant staff. Rooftop bar with a retractable glass ceiling, prohibition style hotel restaurant, extremely trendy lobby bar, and a great gym. What more can you ask for in a NYC hotel? ..... I'm glad you asked .... In the heart of the Fashion District, a block from Bryant park, few blocks from Madison Square garden, Times Square, and Grand Central Station. Definitely looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: January 2014

It is always great to be considered a favorite. We are also looking forward to your return visit--thank you for posting, JGK316.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I loved this hotel! Loved it!
The lobby was fantastic and the staff was very nice and helpful. The lighting throughout the hotel was wonderful…I loved that it wasn’t as dark as a trendy club (I hate that on some properties, I can’t see more than two feet in front of myself). My room was great. The lighting in the bathroom was great! One evening, my colleague and I went up to the roof for a snack and drinks…we loved it…great space, view, service and food.
In the past few years, for my midtown meetings, I’ve stayed at the W, Sanctuary, and Royalton. I think the Refinery has got them beat. I’ll be staying with you again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank JDinLF
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

We look forward to your next stay with us, JDinLF, and thank you for your comment--we are also happy to hear that the lighting and guestroom were beyond your expectations.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Just returned from NYC on 1/20 after staying three nights at the Refinery. The hotel is at 38th and 6th. Walking distance to Herald Square (shopping), the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden (we saw a game there) and Times Square. It was a daddy/daughter getaway for my five year old and I. We had an awesome trip. We loved every minute of it. The staff at the Refinery made it that much more memorable. Great service, great staff. I really couldn't change anything. I'd definitely recommend this hotel. We will be back in May and will definitely consider the Refinery once again. I am already counting down the days until our return. I try to stay away from chain hotels when I can. Nothing against them, but I like to try different places to stay. Refinery definitely hit the spot!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nick S
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for your post, nrsimmons--we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Smile and offer to assist by friendly doorman-check. Interesting and inviting hallway to the front desk area – check. Mind-boggling helpful and attentive front staff (shout out to Annie Sansaricq) – check. Delightful upgrade to an Atelier suite – check  Spacious, spotlessly clean room – check. Real artwork in the rooms and hallways –check. Sunny view with tall windows – check. Fashionable sofa long enough to accommodate both of us in front of one of the room’s two TV sets - check. Top-end bathroom toiletries that my wife insisted on taking home – check. A firm king bed that instantly deadened all motion as I melted into it – check. Luxurious linens and pillows – check. A truly full length (and stylish) mirror – check. Plently of storage space – check. A waiting birthday greeting and gift for my wife – check  Spectacular view of the ESB from the space-heated outdoor rooftop patio – check. Smiles and contagiously helpful attitude from each and every staff member in the building – check. Well-appointed and fully operational exercise room – check. An experience worth repeating – check!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank tentenone

Thank you for your thorough post, tentenone--we hope you will be making a return visit soon.