Refinery Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$171
  • Fitness centre
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$127
US$113
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$155
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$136
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$155
  • Bar/Lounge
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$137
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$188
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$92
  • Breakfast included
US$232
US$171
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$147
Orbitz.com
4,446 results
All reviewsrooftop barparker quinnbryant parkhat factorythe empire state buildingcupcakesnew yorkmagnolia bakerygreat hotellive jazzhardwood floorsfashion districtboutique hotelhotel gueststimes squaregreat boutiquecomfortable beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My wife and I decided to spend Valentine's in the city and take in a broadway show. The hotel which is around the corner from Bryant Park is a 5-10 minute walk to most of Broadway. Even on a wintery cold evening the walk was not bad. Our room felt a little small but had high ceilings with contemporary features like a shower with large frameless glass enclosure, light switches that vary lighting depending on preference, lcd reading lights, large LCD TV, electronic do-not-disturb light, etc. Internet was free. For some reason the sheets felt a little stiff and the bed a little hard, but we sleep just fine. Fabulous rooftop bar. We had dinner in the downstairs restaurant. While the decor is very bar like, the food was excellent.

Staff did a great job of checking on and addressing our needs. This extra care (I think one manager who assisted was George) left my wife and I with a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

TravelingDishman--thank you for your post, we are happy to hear you had a pleasant experience and we hope you will be returning in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The Refinery Hotel has become my new favorite. From the moment my son and I walked up to the hotel, the service was friendly, warm and welcoming. We chose to walk from Penn Station so we could visit Macy's and stop along the way and the doorman betrayed no snobbery that would be in evidence at other hotels. The check-in process was speedy- our room wasn't quite ready since we were being upgraded but within 10 minutes, we had received a phone call telling us that we could come back and that everything was all set for us. The location, btw, is perfect. 38th & Sixth is a great, great spot. We were at the NYC Public Library within minutes.

Our room was spacious and gorgeous- we were given a corner room so there was a ton of light. The bathroom and shower were clean and luxurious- from the toiletries and the robes. There was a closet upon first walking in, that provided ample storage. The best part of our stay according to my son...the bite-sized welcome cupcakes on the desk. Decadent and delicious.

We didn't go up to the rooftop bar (considering one of us was a minor), but I'm sure it was as nice as that rest of the hotel. We liked that you needed your room key to access the guest room floors. Overall, this is a truly lovely property with a well-trained and personable staff.

Room Tip: Room 705 was huge and light-filled
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words regarding our team, ExecGirl--we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Had a wonderful stay for a weekend getaway with friends. Great location. Easy walking distance from train station.
The hotel is beautifully done. The room was ample sized , and the sky high ceiling and art decor is just so classy . Friendly staff, always helpful at every need. Great stay!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bee K
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

We are glad to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and we hope you will be returning again in the future, Bee K.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I loved this great boutique hotel in mid-town. The service is impeccable with everyone being gracious, helpful and friendly. Albert who in charge is a gem and sets the pace in terms of top of the line, friendly customer care. The rooms are quirky and not perfect but in a "boutique" hotel way, not a way that indicates a lack of care or investment. The beds are comfortable, the location is great, the atmosphere is cozy, charming and cool all at the same time and you don't feel like you're in a cut and paste big box hotel. On the downside (of which there are very few), there are very few drawers in the rooms and little counter space in the bathroom. They graciously and immediately brought me additional hangers when I inquired about more drawers but more drawer space would have been a plus. The food was good, the roof top bar fun and all-in-all, I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I heard from a friend that rooms with two beds are larger and a better bet but I didn't experience this first hand. My own room (801) was a little odd with a closet by the door and then a long to the sleeping area. At first it seemed strange with the closet far from the bed and mirror but it grew on me and I liked the "cozy nook" feeling of the sleeping area (rather than being directly against the shared hallway) in the end.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

We look forward to your next stay with us, allsixofusonvacation, and thank you for taking the time to post.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband, 21 year-old daughter, and I stayed at the Refinery Hotel on Friday, 2/14. The hotel lobby is very Mediterranean chic, in a way, and welcoming. The desk personnel are efficient and friendly, and Basha -- the bellman/hotel attendant -- could not have been kinder or more helpful to our entire stay. Our 2 bed room was roomy and the beds and bedding comfortable. For me -- the added bonus was a self-controlled heating unit that purrs like a kitten! Overall, we found the Refinery to be a nice home away from home on a cold and snowy New York weekend. LOVED IT.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, MSB005, we are happy to be a home away from home and look forward to your next visit.