“Gorgeous Hotel in a Fabulous Location!”
Review of Refinery Hotel

Refinery Hotel
Ranked #29 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My husband, 2 teenage children and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. We absolutely loved this place, it was within easy walking distance of Times Square and also Macys. The staff were so welcoming and incredibly efficient. We had one king bedroom and a double queen for our children. The double queen room was much bigger than the king, and both rooms were extremely well appointed with very comfortable beds. Bathrooms were immaculate too. The staff took care of our bags when we first arrived and also on our last day. Nothing was too much trouble for them. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

We will look forward to your next visit, Will0w101, and thank you for your recommendation.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Nice boutique hotel in a spot a little away from most others which was welcomed. We enjoyed a drink at the rooftop restaurant and also had a quick breakfast in the bar/restaurant which was great (awesome waffles).

The only negative was at check in I asked for the front desk to call when our room was ready, but they did not call. We did enjoy a couple drinks at the bar/restaurant, but I could have used that 30 minute nap I was hoping for. When I stopped back over the front desk said the room was ready and had been ok to occupy for the last 45 minutes.

Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

DAHAWK—we are glad to hear that you had an overall good experience, despite any inconvenience at check in. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This proved just about the perfect place for a 5-day break in Manhattan: Superbly located on 38th/6th, with predictably compact but well enough designed rooms redeemed by high ceilings and super comfy beds, and unfailingly helpful and friendly service from a young attractive team. There are good bars and a pretty good, if unremarkable, restaurant. Overall styling is very good. The fitness room perhaps focused more on aesthetics than functionality, but at least there was one. Minor quibbles would be the lack of in-room tea/coffee making facilities, the fine judgment required to avoid the shower being either freezing or boiling, and a feeling that the walls and floors didn't offer great sound insulation. We would return and overall we would highly recommend.

Room Tip: We were on 11th floor, so not disturbed by street noise
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

We thank you for your recommendation, EDCT50, and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed here for NewYears and now were back. This hotel is great. The staff is friendly and they remember your names. The rooms are large and lofty. We ate at the restaurant and the food was delicious. We haven't taken to the rooftop bar yet, but we will before we leave. Great location, great hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

jnherring--thank you for your review, we are happy to hear you are enjoying your return visit and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed here in October 2013 for a friends 60th birthday weekend. I had booked the hotel on line and good thing I brought my confirmation with me! Our friends got a room, but my husband and I were told that because we were a " no show" the day before, that there was no room available for us! Well, after pulling out my confirmation and showing them that I was, indeed, arriving on the day I was meant to, the clerk said nothing, put her head down and found me a room! No apology, no smile, nothing!
Then, the day before we were to leave, we got a bottle of wine and a card welcoming some stranger to our room! Apparently, we had to check out! Ha! This is when I put my foot down.
I'm sure this was a one-off mistake in booking on their part, but it really bothered me about the attitude. And then to have a nice bottle of wine delivered to my room...for someone else! Why was I not offered anything for MY inconvenience.
We don't typically like this location (too touristy) but stayed here for the benefit of my friend who had never been to NYC. It was close to Times Square, Broadway and some pub style restaurants, but for the price of the room, I wouldn't stay here again.
For a real NYC experience! stay in Greenwich Village or Hells Kitchen. Ooh, or Chelsea! I now need another NYC fix!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cyclingnomad

Thank you for taking the time to post, cyclingnomad. I am sorry to hear that there was any confusion surrounding your reservation and for any affront you may have experienced from our staff. This is not the Refinery standard and we hope to welcome you back in the future, so that you may experience our dedication to customer care.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Fabulous 3 night stay. Gorgeous room. Totally loved the rooftop bar the views of the Empire State were fantastic The Refinery staff were so friendly and helpful. Wood thoroughly recommend this hotel to all.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

We appreciate your recommendation and hope you will be visiting us again soon, scotsgirlCheshire.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed here for a week and generally wouldn't write reviews but this hotel deserves recognition for great service.
Hotel is beautifully presented throughout and the rooftop bar is amazing!!!
Well done guys!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Decandval73

Thank you for your review and enthusiasm! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, Decandval73.