Refinery Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$343
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$387
US$251
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$188
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
  • Restaurant
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
  • Fitness centre
US$314
US$291
  • Pool
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$210
US$472
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
4,457 results
All reviewsrooftop barparker quinnbryant parkhat factorythe empire state buildingcupcakesnew yorkmagnolia bakerygreat hotellive jazzhardwood floorsfashion districtboutique hotelhotel gueststimes squaregreat boutiquecomfortable beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My first trip to New York was one of my best vacations without the kids. It was all framed within the hotel experience. Who would have thought a hidden jewel laid behind such a simple facade. The staff was ever so pleasant from the door persons who welcomed us in everyday (sometimes in the wee hours of the morning) and wished us well when we left, to the concierge to the awesome Mr. Albert. He left no stone unturned. Every need was met and before you ask, it was tended to. The hotel and room decor was impeccable and the bed...oh my goodness. I slept very well. I'm truly looking forward to not only returning to New York, but to The Refinery Hotel.
Ursula

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ursula P
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Ursula P, we are delighted to be a part of one of your best vacations. Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in New York.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had a super pleasant stay at Refinery! Had a very clean room, excellent service throughout our stay and also a great location. What more can you ask for? The rooftop bar and the restaurant downstairs are very nice added bonuses. Will definitely come back when in the area!

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room to get light from both sides. A higher room means less street noise also.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
R_Taormina, General Manager at Refinery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for your review Alex S. We are pleased that you liked so many of the features of our hotel, and are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

So in my first review I raved about this place and I have just returned from a second two night stay that was not so great! I checked in at 4pm, but had to wait 30 mins for my room to be ready and had asked for a high floor. When I was finally allocated a room it was on the third floor overlooking the street and was incredibly noisy so I asked to move room. To their credit they did this pretty fast and I was given 207, a floor down but the same inner courtyard facing room I had on my last stay. So - as last time, the room is huge - the biggest in NYC (and I've stayed at almost every 5 star hotel in town ), and the same great technology and fittings - so why the grumpy review? Well, unlike last time when I could not hear a thing from my room, it seemed like I had swapped street noise for the room sharing a wall with the gym! Every few hours the whole place would shake when someone was using the treadmill. And these were all lined up in the gym right against the wall where the bed is. Not great at all.

I did get into the roof bar - and yes it's fab - but I'm too old and untrendy to hang about.

So-still ok service, still great rooms, still a good price - but...pick your room very carefully!!!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank milesw

Thank you for returning to stay with us milesw. We are so sorry that you felt your experience was not up to our usual standard of excellence, but hope that you will visit us again as we continue to improve.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The Refinery Hotel is easily my new favorite hotel. With gorgeous decor, roomy bathrooms, and comfortable beds it's a must stay. Add in spectacular service and amazing food and drink options and you may never want to leave!

This hotel is truly a gem.

From the moment you step inside the doors you'll feel welcomed and a bit like you stepped back in time to a modern day version of a 1920's hotel. A little industrial, a lot of glam, and the best service you'll find await you at the Refinery.

Room Tip: Choose/ask for a room on a higher floor for a less noisy stay. The 10th floor was perfect-even with noise from the street level we slept in on the day we didn't have to be up early. It was heaven.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

We are always proud to be called a favorite Kelly W. Thank you for your detailed review, we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I were treated like "Rock Stars," from the time we arrived in New York until we left. I credit my wonderful experience to the way Albert Almonte and his entire staff made us feel welcome. They left no stone unturned. On a scale from 1-10, I rate the experience as a 10+, the only negative comment I have is that we had to return home after such a great stay. Thanks Albert!!!! Can't wait until next years trip.

The Parkers

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Reggie P

Reggie P, thank you for your 10+ review. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back next year for another great stay!