“NYC review #6”
Review of Raymi

Raymi
Reserve with OpenTable
Raymi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,032 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: between 6th Ave and Broadway
Transit: 1 train 23rd Street and 7th Avenue F train 23rd Street and 6th Avenue NJ Path train 23rd Street and 6th Avenue 6 train 23rd Street and Park Avenue South
Description: When we do what we love, we do it well. and when we share what we love, it feeds us all. RAYMI is the heart and soul of three brothers: Jaime, Felipe and Roger Torres. We celebrate the multicultural spirit of modern-day Peru -- The native, Japanese, Chinese and Spanish influences that color its vibrant cuisine. We honor the pureness of our ingredients. The growers and patrons who trust us. And the family who comes together everyday to create not just food, but community.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Raymi
43W 24th Street (near Madison Square Park)

Chef: Erik Ramirez
Cuisine: Peruvian Kitchen and Pisco Bar

We had a good time at Raymi. The place is very nicely decorated and has a cool view over the cooking area. The food was also very good (even if it was a first time for me in a Peruvian Restaurant).
We ordered 2 cheviche dishes recommended by the waitress and then other 3 dishes all of them good (but I do not recall now what we had, it was one beef, one pork and something else ). We went for the recommended best-sellers and were not disappointed.
Good wine and overall a very enjoyable atmosphere. The setting is mostly modern but they combine some traditional design elements such as the small wooden windows wall. A + to the design of the restrooms area.

My ratings:
Food: 7 out of 10
Service: 8 out of 10
Decoration/Atmoshpere: 8 out of 10
Price: over 250$ for 2 px. (drinks and gratuity included)

Final comment: Raymi would be one of the places I would go back to when in NYC for a casual, good Peruvian influenced dinner.

Next up in the tour: the NoMad

Reviewed 12 March 2014

3 course $38 ore- fixe for restaurant week, add in a few pisco sours extra. Great food, inventive, fun incredibly beautiful to look at , great presentation, flavor explosion of taste and textures. Incredible waitstaff and service. Lovely room, cozy but clean line upscale decor, warm and inviting from the first second we stepped in. This will be a new favorite restaurant. Highly recommend visiting. The Mixto ceviche alone is enough of a reason. Just go, enjoy! I WILL be coming back to try more things. This seriously was one of the best meals I have had in a very long time. THANK YOU staff at RAYMI for making a special night something so much more special! (My pricing is based on the pre- fixe restaurant week menu) I imagine it is a bit more at other times ;)

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We started out with a Mojito, which was great. We had several of their small plates so we could try different things. Every one we tried was fabulous. I would recommend this restaurant to all. We will definitely return in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I've been eye-ing this place for a while, particularly its 'whole pig' Tuesday offering. I got to try a taste of it during Restaurant Week: we had the corn empanada, mixed and salmon ceviche, suckling pig and crispy duck leg, bread and rice pudding. We left feeling well-taken care of and well-fed. Looking at the dining room and the bar area, I think many would have similar experience.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Typing this while seated at the ceviche bar. Found this place when searching NYC Restaurant Week places.

The Mixto ceviche was awesome. Full of spicy goodness. And I loved the sweet potatoes. My entree was the Chaufa Completo. A great dish....slightly tame for my liking ...but my waiter had already brought me a side of their spicy Peruvian sauce.

Just finishing the Brioche Bread Pudding....heaven in your mouth.

If you are considering going, what are you waiting for. Take it from this Texan...Peruvian is the way to go!