“Just do dessert & drinkgs”

Isola Trattoria & Cruda Bar
Ranked #3,965 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Cross street: Howard & Grand
Transit: Isola Trattoria & Crudo Bar and Mondrian Soho Hotel are located two blocks North of the Canal Street subway (N, R, W, Q and 6 trains). A few blocks west you can travel on the A, C or E train and walk east to Lafayette Street.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Fabulous ambiance! But the dinner menu is disappointing. The range of offerings is limited, and I found the preparation to be mediocre. I'd go back only to enjoy dessert or a drink...

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The venue is absolutely beautiful. The monkfish and swordfish entrees were fresh and delicious. However, service should be improved. The wait staff should be trained more so that the service could be at par with the venue. It is unfortunate that the rating of such a beautiful place was downgraded by a lack of efficient and attentive wait staff. We talked to the manager who took in our observations and productive comments graciously. I really hope that the restaurant will do something to improve service because it is such a beautiful place.

1  Thank travelmystique
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We went to Isola last year and found it to be a great Italian restaurant with awesome decor.

The food was good, but not incredible and our waitress was pretty ditzy, but we loved the cocktails and the overall atmosphere of the place. I would definitely visit again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I mentioned this in my review of the Mondrian Soho, as I stayed there as a guest and made the mistake of stopping at Cruda Bar for a drink one evening. The cocktail was great: well-executed, delicious, served in a lovely coupe glass. The service was terrible. The server took forever to take our order, then disappeared for 20 minutes. We could see our drinks sitting on the bar. Then she came over and asked if we wanted to order something. She forgot that we had already ordered. FROM HER. Ugh. I don't mind paying $15 for a well-executed cocktail, but I expect service too. Needless to say, we didn't go back even though we stayed at the Mondrian for 3 nights.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great italian restaurant hidden somewhere in Soho. The interior is beautiful with lots of greens and space. Our server was nice. The dessert with ice cream, salted caramel crumbs and brownies is a must-try.