“Good indian and service”
Review of Benares

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: On W 56th street between Broadway and 8th ave
Transit: Subway : 57th Street Station: Q . R , W Trains Columbus Circle Station: A. B. C, D Trains
Description: At Benares, we offer a selection of traditional and regional Indian cuisines that are carefully prepared and presented by our experienced chefs.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had very good service and our na'an and entree was very good. We had a "odd" dish from an indian perspective; seafood and pasta.... it was very good with a hint of curry. We would return.

1  Thank George C

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was our first visit- picked it out in a Google search. Our entire experience from food to ambiance to the attentive staff was first class. Every member of the staff made us feel welcome and took care of us. For our appetizers we ordered the kachori and the grilled salmon- mouthwatering! I could have eaten the kachoris all by myself. For our entrees we had the lamb chops (amazing) and the baiguni Mach (amazing too). I would go back in a New York minute- I guess I have to wait until our next visit to the city.

1  Thank arunavedula
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Situated on restaurant row near Columbus Circle, Benares is a gem where we dined on excellent vegetarian fare with an elderly friend from Berlin, Germany. Our friend had travelled to the city Benares in India and felt the food here truly authentic.

We were there 6ish on a Saturday night and got the last table as it serves a healthy pre-show clientele. It was boisterous and the kitchen staff and serve staff were on their A game! On the next visit, I shall make sure that we dine here after 8pm, where the noisy crowds thins out and there isn't much of a second seating, making Benares a very cozy place with good food and fine service.

1  Thank BrokenArrow02
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This restaurant is a terrific place for Indian cuisine. The staff was attentive, helpful and informative. The food is delicious, especially the lamb chops. Very nice menu selections.

1  Thank 1rg1
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We became big fans of Indian food when we lived in London years ago. Whenever we travel we're always looking and Benares did not disappoint. I was fairly conservative, choosing Chicken Tikka Masala (great) and my wife went with Aamiya Jhinga, prawns marinated in mango and spices, cooked in a tandoor (outstanding). Service was excellent, and the fact that it is only 5 minutes walk to Carnegie Hall is an added plus. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Dicka