Review Highlights

Reviewed 23 March 2023
Jax20152015
Oklahoma
via mobile
Unbeatable performance. Best. Musical. Ever.

Reviewed 13 March 2023
Shmnh
Ottawa, Canada

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around New York City
from £120.45
from £111.10
from £137.68
from £69.57
6,085 results
All reviews majestic theater longest running show andrew lloyd webber special effects classic broadway broadway play great performance great seats singing costumes cast stage orchestra tickets nyc staging performers
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 March 2023 via mobile

It was everything I expected. I’ve never seen it before and it was my second Broadway show. The Orchestra was superb and the performance was outstanding. It was well worth it. The chandelier movements was surprising. The only negative thing I would say, which had nothing to do with the show, is that this show was my daughters senior trip gift and we had a nine year old sitting next to us that talked the entire time, smacked gum and put his feet on the seat in front of him. We were mostly able to ignore him. The show closes next month and we went on the 75th birthday of Andrew Lloyd Webber with a special playbill.

Date of experience: March 2023
1  Thank Jax20152015
Reviewed 14 March 2023

The most amazing musical I've seen. Period. The costumes, the props, the staircase, and of course the chandelier - they were all so well done. I felt like I was even watching a movie. The performance and the music was fantastic. At times you'd get chills when it got to scenes with the Phantom. And I loved how at the end I could hear sniffles all across the theatre (perhaps even my own) - people were totally immersed in it (as was I).

I have to share a funny anecdote just before getting into the theatre. As we were lining up to get in, a few middle-aged women were all hyped up and started taking selfies. One of them yelled into the camera, "Grandma, we're here, after 25 years!!" (not sure what the back story was to that). Then some random guy walking by started singing a tune from one of the songs from the musical and the women cracked up. They were so happy and excited - it was a little annoying that they took selfies non-stop in front of me but their excitement was contagious.

I made sure to catch the show before its closing in February (now April). It's sad but it's good to know it'll be performed in different languages and reach a greater worldwide audience. I hope it does come back to Broadway one day.

Date of experience: December 2022
Reviewed 24 January 2023 via mobile

I’m a huge fan of this show, and when I heard the show was closing on Broadway, my husband and I had to see it one final time. Great performance from all the actors but the beautiful score is what really is unforgettable. You leave the theater in complete awe. Go see it if you can.

Reviewed 24 January 2023 via mobile

Just what you would expect.
The drinks are expensive but you get a Phantom cup or a Phantom water bottle. Wow. Lol.
The show is beautiful. The cast is amazing, we have seen the London show many’s times over the years and this one of the best we have seen !!

If haven’t seen it yet, be quick it is amazing.
Enjoy x

Reviewed 11 January 2023 via mobile

When I heard that my favorite Broadway play was ending after 35+ years, I immediately made arrangements for myself and teenage daughter to see it. There are plays and then there is The Phantom. The best score, storyline and performers measure themselves against this giant, and the raw emotion of the performance commands your attention from start to finish. The memories of THIS performance will not be forgotten and the standing ovation was truly earned.

1  Thank LeeTrotman