“Great value”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I went to check out their new location on 14th St and 2nd Ave, but the restaurant is not open yet. But they did have a food cart in front of it and there was no line. I asked for "whatever they're famous for" and I've been told the chicken and lamb over rice, so I got that with lettuce and their signature sauces. I must say I was impressed with the quantity of food that you get for $6. I was more than satisfied with the plate I got. So if you're feeling really hungry, you want to get a cheap lunch or just you just want to try the Halal Guys I would say this is totally worth it. Looking forward to check their restaurant as soon as they open it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,041)

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I got sick of hot dog stands, Kabab stands, nuts etc.. The halal guys offer a huge portion of chicken or gyros or a mix of both on rice with salad for 6$. You can the garnish the whole thing with the sauce station on the side. There was a short queue when we got there but it was really quick. The food was good but I couldn't finish the whole thing! Would recommend if you're on the go and need a quick fix for your hunger !

1  Thank Ramy M
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Left MOMA feeling cultured but hungry and came across a long line at the corner of 53rd and 6th leading to some great smells. Decided to hop on the end of the queue to see what all the fuss was about and a few minutes later I was taking my "mixed over rice" back to a table in Grace Plaza for lunch.

HUGE bowl of chicken and gyro, with salad, sliced pitta and a rather tasty white sauce (origins unknown!) and a zesty spicy sauce to give it a kick.

Tasty street food and fantastic value ($6) - what's not to like?

Reviewed 14 November 2013

If you want a good fast food you should try it.
Tasty food and the cheapest one in Manhattan.
Try the mix plate with lamb and chicken.
A good option if you go to MoMA and want to eat.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

$6 for a plate of chicken, salad and rice with white sauce is a meal deal in NYC. This food cart serves serves up good food to a lot of folks every day. It rivals many of the restaurants in food quality and does so at a great price. We were pleased with our meal and had plenty to eat. Don't let the lines deter you as they move through the process fairly quickly and they are worth the wait. The red sauce is HOT so be careful as a little goes a long way, but it is very good, too. Be sure to watch for the guys with the bright yellow shirts at 6th and 53rd.