“Ginger joy!”

VIV Thai
Ranked #733 of 13,618 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
“Ginger joy!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Viv Thai food is absolutely great. Fresh ingredients, nice portion sizes, and excellent prices for NYC. My only complaint was the service. My friends were served and my meal was forgotten... the waiter tried to blame me for not ordering dinner, when I definitely had. However, it was worth the wait for the ginger joy with chicken. Delicious.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank LostOnWilderness

Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“Great ambiance and flavors”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Small place with nice ambiance. Service was great. Happy hour drink specials were great $5 Martinis and other mixed drink options for that low price. I believe beers were either $3 or $5. We shared the chicken satay and fried and steamed dumplings. Fried dumplings were just ok. I truly enjoyed the BBQ beef entree and we all shared the pad Thai . Great place to eat before a show. One thing I found annoying was that we had made prior reservations, however, we would not be seated until our entire part was there.

Visited March 2014
Madrid, Spain
“Favourite Thai in NYC”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is by far my favourite Thai I've been to in NYC, a regular customer when in town. The food has always been delicious and well presented. The atmosphere is always buzzy and the service has always been great. The interior decor is fun. I would highly recommend based on the food alone, the rest is a bonus!

• Visited July 2013
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Adventurous Tourists Loved This”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I'm not too familiar with Thai but thought I would try it while on a business trip. I have to say I absolutely loved my meal. I chose the red curry duck which I thought was fantastic. The waiter was kind to inquire about my curry heat tolerance. This dish is medium hot.

The environment is loud but it is the conversation of other dinners - not loud music. We found the wait staff very friendly and polite. Overall, I think it was a great intro to Thai food and will look forward to my next visit here.

• Visited February 2014
California
“Sleek Decor, Loud Music, Okay Food, Not So Okay service”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is a really popular restaurant no doubt due in most part to the kitchy & fun decor. They really did try to make it look different and a bit striking. Food was pretty good but the service - ouch! Seems like the cool factor has gotten to the some of the serving staff.

Visited November 2013