“Food lived up to its origin” 3 of 5 bubbles

VIV Thai
Ranked #775 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Orlando, Florida
“Food lived up to its origin”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The food was great service was slow. I guess we came at the staff's lunch time because when we needed service our server had to get up from the group who was having a meal. Other than that bump in the road the snapper was on the money and the panang tofu curry in cocoanut milk was to die for.

Groton, Connecticut
“Wonderful Thai Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I visit NYC a few times a year and this restaurant was recommended to me by a friend who lives in Manhattan. I've found it's usually frequented by locals who also rave about it.
The food here is incredible as are the prices for a NYC restaurant. I've eaten here on a few of my visits, bringing new friends each time and everyone else has loved it too. They even have happy hour prices on drinks!
It's a short walk from Broadway so very handy when going to a show. It's not a big place so if you're going later in the evening make sure you make reservations.
I love the shrimp drunken noodles and even the salad is presented in a beautiful manner.
You won't be disappointed if you eat here!

• Visited March 2014
Delta, Canada
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

This place is great. We ordered the Pad Thai for dinner and appetizers; everything was excellent. Although we ordered pretty basic food some of the plates we saw delivered to other tables were art on a plate;amazing! We were lucky to get in on a Friday night without reservations; great spot and highly recommend

Visited March 2014
Munich, Germany
“food ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

food was alright, good solid thai food. the massaman was awesome! a lot goes with the fancy desgn. guess there are better places in town

Fairfield, Pennsylvania
“Ginger joy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Viv Thai food is absolutely great. Fresh ingredients, nice portion sizes, and excellent prices for NYC. My only complaint was the service. My friends were served and my meal was forgotten... the waiter tried to blame me for not ordering dinner, when I definitely had. However, it was worth the wait for the ginger joy with chicken. Delicious.

• Visited March 2014