“Excellent Food and Surroundings”
Review of VIV Thai

VIV Thai
Ranked #871 of 13,763 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and Surroundings”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Found this place while walking back to the Skyline Hotel. In NY for 4 days while on Holiday from UK. The food and service were excellent - visited on Saturday 14th around 6pm prior to show on Broadway.You must try the crispy pancake rolls for starters - they are amazing and I have never seen them made or served like that anywhere in the UK . Also try the Thai Red curry - very nice.
The surrounding are really nice and gives the feel of being very trendy.
If in this area or want a meal before a show then try this place out - you will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014

Philipsburg, St. Maarten-St. Martin
“'Diamond in the rough' kind of place”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

After what seemed like a lifetime of trying to find a decent place to eat, we happened upon VIV Thai restaurant. We almost did not go in but through the window the atmosphere seemed very chill so we decided to go. We went around dinner time and did not have a reservation but we only had to wait 20 minutes for a seat. Meanwhile we sat by the bar were we had some Mojito's. I took the Pomegranate Mojito and my friend took the Coral Mojito. Highly recommend the Pomegranate! After we got seated we ordered the Emerald Dumplings as an appetizer and I ordered the Pad Prik King as the main course. The atmosphere was nice, cozy but loud due to some patrons celebrating a birthday. Although the price is a bit on the high side I do believe you get your money's worth!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Colinasita
Orlando, Florida
“Food lived up to its origin”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The food was great service was slow. I guess we came at the staff's lunch time because when we needed service our server had to get up from the group who was having a meal. Other than that bump in the road the snapper was on the money and the panang tofu curry in cocoanut milk was to die for.

Groton, Connecticut
“Wonderful Thai Restaurant!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I visit NYC a few times a year and this restaurant was recommended to me by a friend who lives in Manhattan. I've found it's usually frequented by locals who also rave about it.
The food here is incredible as are the prices for a NYC restaurant. I've eaten here on a few of my visits, bringing new friends each time and everyone else has loved it too. They even have happy hour prices on drinks!
It's a short walk from Broadway so very handy when going to a show. It's not a big place so if you're going later in the evening make sure you make reservations.
I love the shrimp drunken noodles and even the salad is presented in a beautiful manner.
You won't be disappointed if you eat here!

• Visited March 2014
Delta, Canada
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This place is great. We ordered the Pad Thai for dinner and appetizers; everything was excellent. Although we ordered pretty basic food some of the plates we saw delivered to other tables were art on a plate;amazing! We were lucky to get in on a Friday night without reservations; great spot and highly recommend

Visited March 2014