“Excellent value for money”

Comfort Inn Midtown West
Ranked #328 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Okay, so it's nothing flashy, but for a conveniently located base for a 2 day layover in NYC we couldn't have asked for more. Clean, comfortably furnished, and very affordable by Manhattan standards. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and always had a smile on their faces. We came from JFK by the subway and the hotel is a little far from the nearest subway station if you have any heavy baggage so I'd recommend taking a cab. I've stayed in several Manhattan 'budget' hotels on previous trips and the Comfort Inn is the best without doubt. Recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew W
Jsoto5128, General Manager at Comfort Inn Midtown West, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves on our clean rooms, helpful & friendly staff & great price. I'm so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you again for the great review and I hope to see you as a guest again in the future.

Juan Soto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Hebrew first
Brussels
Reviewed 15 May 2014

OK, so the rooms are NYC-sized and the prices are NYC-sized. Once you've got over that, this hotel is in a perfect location, in a quitet street but 10 minutes' walk in one direction to Times Square and theatreland, and 5 minutes' walk in the other direction to the USS Intrepid (the Air Sea and Space museum, which is excellent by the way). Rooms, though small, are clean and have wifi. The only negative thing is the breakfast, which is a joke, not so much for the breakfast itself (although it's basic) but because there is no breakfast room, so you eat breakfast in the tiny hotel lobby itself, and there was never anywhere to sit when I went there. Best to skip it - there are lots of good breakfast places on 9th Avenue nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Belgo43
Thank you for the great review. We like to hear both the good and not so good in order to make things better for our guests. In regards to the breakfast, we have rearranged all the tables to make the room flow better (and our guests are loving it!!). In addition, we are purchasing additional tables & chairs to accommodate additional guests. Hopefully, next time you stay with us, the breakfast experience will be a lot better. Thank you again for your review and I hope to greet you as a guest again in the future!

Milan, Italy
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I am currently staying at this hotel.
The staff is very friendly, nice and polite and polite.
A special thank to Juan and John at the front desk.

But apart from this the hotel really disappointed me.
I made the reservation a long time ago. I specifically asked for a "quiet room, high floor, fare from elevator".
I arrived one day earlier than expected, so last night they said that today they would have moved me to another room, as the one I asked.
First they gave me a room next to the elevator and on the 48th street side. Than I complained and they gave me room 806, which is still on the street side.
very noicy. Cars and police and ambulances and people partying on the street all night.
This morning at 7 they said that my new room would be ready at 9.
At 9 I went again to the reception but they said the room wasn't ready yet, and asked me to come back at 12 noon. They specificvally said they had given me a room on the 9th floor, not on the street side. At 12 noon, my room still wasn't ready, because "someone" had given it away to other guests and they offered me a room on the 3rd floor and asked me to come back later. At 2pm I asked again and now they say that there was something wrong with my room and so they are offering either a room on the ground floor or a room again on the street side and said that it was a manager's decision. So I asked to meet the manager, but the manager was to busy to meet me.
Eventually she called me and said my room will be ready in one more hour. I will wait and see what happens.
I will post more at the end of my stay (with details on breakfast, location, cleaning, etc.).

Room Tip: Scegliete una stanza piano alto. 804, 805, 904, 905. Chiedete espressamente che sia sul lato posteri...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank 68marcoc
Clarksburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We could not have asked for better service ! Yes rooms are compact and the Breakfast area is small but, the food was always warm, delicious and plentiful! Very courteous staff ! Vey helpful in any questions we had! A special shout out to Anwar, Jon and Diego for taking the time to make us feel welcome! Anwar went above and beyond anything we asked of him! You made our trip more memorable ! It is conveniently located but, do get prepared to walk .Perfection at it's Finest from our experience!
Mahalo Plenty !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sandy K
Amazing! I'm so happy to hear that our staff went above and beyond to make your stay an amazing one! Anwar has been a valued member of our team since opening and even though Jon & Diego are new, they are leaving their marks on our guests. Thank you again for recognizing our team for their great service! Have an amazing day!

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was a nice experience. The location is within walking distrance of Times Square, and many other attractions. The staff was fantastic, very polite and helpful. Check in time was not until 3:00 pm, but we got into our room by 12:30. The rooms are small, and tight, but it is really just for laying your head between exploring NYC. Parking is affordable and right around the corner. The lobby is small but the breakfast was good. I know some people complain about the size and cramped quarters for breakfast, but for the money you cannot beat it.

Room Tip: take the stairs it is quicker
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Andrew H
Hackensack, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn on West 48th street. I enjoyed my stay with my family and the staff was extremely nice. A gentlemen by the name of Jon had checked us in and was extremely courteous. It was our second time visiting New York City and he took the time to give us service that we never received from High End Hotels. He also gave us great recommendations and set up reservations for us for dinner. Will definietly stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jaime D
Jsoto5128, General Manager at Comfort Inn Midtown West, responded to this review, 10 July 2014

Juan A. Soto
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel proved to be a hidden gem. Great location and comfortable although compact rooms. Breakfast was a bonus - enough to get you going. Complimentary tea, coffee and fruit always available. Special mention and thanks to reception staff member Loida who made our stay enjoyable. She always had a smile for us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends