“Ask about discounted parking”

Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Times Square South
Ranked #182 of 468 Hotels in New York City
“Ask about discounted parking”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Price for the rooms was easily $60-$100 cheaper than comparable hotels in the area.

Free wifi and breakfast included make the hotel the best value for money.

The hotel partners with Meyers parking 4 buildings down for $35/24hours instead of $50. When you stay multiple days it adds up quickly.

Would defiantly stay again

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed one night but really enjoyed fully the 13 hours spent in the hotel. Check in very smooth - got an upgrade in form of a room on 16th floor with view towards Empire State Building. A goody bag as a welcome gift. Slept really well in a comfortable king bed. Breakfast room a bit stressy due to being crowded but a good variety in the buffet. Got a late check out as well without any problem.
So - certainly a hotel to come back to.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hans L
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Arrived in the city without a place to stay as the three-person appartment we had booked couldn't possibly fit more than two people. Looked online, found this one close by and cheap - I took a quick walk around the neighborhood but the cheapest offer I could get at the door of any hotel was at least $80 higher than what this place offered via booking.com. Checked in, great room, big by NY standards, no hassle, free wifi, no charge to store my luggage the next day. Would have enjoyed the free breakfast but I slept in past 9.30!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Only a few blocks from Times Square, friendly staff, generous breakfast! Free wifi and complementary breakfast.

The staff made sure we had everything we needed to make us comfortable.

They had a large selection for breakfast so you could switch it up everyday!

We had a fantastic time!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed here with a friend on October 24th to see a Broadway Show. We chose the hotel for it’s walking distance to Times Square and for the price. We stay in New York frequently and many of the hotels have very high rates, so we decided to give this one a try. We arrived early but were warmly greeted by the front desk and the manager. Our room wasn’t ready but we were briskly checked in and given a bag with cookies, crackers and water and welcomed to sit in the breakfast area and have a coffee! Our room was ready in 10 minutes.
The room was small but not by Manhattan standards and was clean and nicely appointed. It had a small desk and chair, counter space, a decent size flat screen TV and free WIFI.

The rate included a hot breakfast, which is a convenience and a huge savings since breakfast in New York. We left our bags there the next morning to explore the city before taking the train home. We were even offered water when we returned to pick them up. Everyone there was so friendly with advice.

I highly recommend this hotel when in this part of Manhattan.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to get a quieter room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Abilene, TX
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I was prepared to go with four dots, until my checkout experience. I called the front desk to let them know I was checking out. She responded, "I can't check you out until you are out of the room." I told her I was leaving the room, key on the desk, I have my bill which was put under the door, but she refused to check me out until I presented myself at the front desk. I've never had this experience before and can't believe it's hotel policy, perhaps just a misinformed worker. That aside, the room was clean and not in need of any repairs, the location was not in the heart of my meetings but they were easily accessible. Free breakfast will save you some $$$ as will the free WiFi since most hotels here charge. Otherwise friendly service. Walkable area of the city. I might stay here again, the pricing was very competitive for the quality.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MangaMan
Omar A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Times Square South, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear MangaMan,

Thank you for taking your time to rate us and let us know about the issue that you have experienced while staying at the Holiday Inn Express Herald Square. I would like to apologize for the front desk that they were not aware of the phone check out procedure as we do have some new staff members that are still training, but I will do my best to make sure that this not happen again. I am glad to hear that you still did enjoy your stay, our breakfast and location and we hope that you will come back and stay with us again.

Marina
Front Office Manager
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

I travelled to New York with my mum for my 21st birthday.

The staff are very friendly. Upon arrival we were earlier than the recommended check-in time but were given a room straight away.

The rooms are a good size, we had a double bed each, they are modern and clean. The bathroom door was a slidey door which didn't seem to lock, which was slightly unusual, but is very nice otherwise.
The safe is free to use. And the only thing missing I would say is a small fridge in the room, which would of been nice to store water.

The breakfast is relatively simple but still a good choice on the buffet (and when you consider all the big lunches & dinners you'll have in NYC it's perfect), however you do have to eat using plastic cutlery & paper plates. I did really enjoy the breakfast that was offered!

Overall our stay at the Holiday Inn Herald Square was very nice, and I'm certain we will be back :)

Stayed September 2013