“GREAT location and super clean hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Times Square South
Ranked #182 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
“GREAT location and super clean hotel”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Fantastic brand new hotel!!

Booked on Priceline for good price (NY is expensive). We arrived over 2 hours early on a Thursday and our room was ready. Front desk was super nice, let us know of the free breakfast and free water bottles (you can get this at anytime). We would be gone all day sightseeing, come back to freshen up for dinner, and ask for two water bottles, no questions asked.

Room is decently sized, most people know that NY hotels are small, so please don't think you are gonna have a huge suite. And plus, are you in your room that much anyway when you have the gorgeous NY at your feet? Bathroom is small, but once again, nothing huge is needed. Bed was SUPER comfy and it was awesome to know we had a king size in that room. Our view was a great little bar called the Keg Room -- check it out.

Great location as well, only a couple of blocks from Times Square and plenty of food/bars around the area. We never had a problem with noise (yet we stayed at the end of October, so I can't say what it would be like in the Summer).

We never had a problem with breakfast--we would get there around 9:00 and there was PLENTY of food, now a seat is another problem. One of us would have to reserve the seat while the other got food. No big deal though. And their cinnamon rolls?? OMG soo good! Apparently not all Holiday Inn Express have these, so make sure to get some.

If we ever go to NY again, I am sure we will be staying here!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool. UK
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My sister and I had 4 days here. The bed is super comfy, good shower and tea and coffee in your room and 24 hours from the little breakfast room. The location is excellent. One block from Macys and easily walkable to Times Square, not too noisy. Very helpful desk staff. we had a minor issue with towels because we slept through the room service, but they were changed within 5 mins. would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Florida
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

There is only one side of the hotel that has views of the Empire State Building, and I believe only 2 rooms per floor on each side. With 18 floors that would be a maximum of 36 rooms with a view. They must oversell the rooms with a view at a $$ premium. I paid $359 per room and had two rooms for 3 nights. Once I went to the room and realized I hadn't received a view and I was told there were none of the rooms with the Empire State Building view. If there were, they would let me know and I could change rooms. I did not hear from the front desk, so upon check out I requested a reasonable $30 per room discount ($10 per night x3 nights) for two rooms at a total of a $60 discount. My total was over $2500 and I was denied the $60 discount for their Bait and Switch technique. I will post a photo of the view from room 1703. If a hotel is going to offer a room type specific "with a view," they should deliver it or give a reasonable discount when requested. With all the hotel choices in NYC, I would avoid booking this hotel. On the bright side, they have a perfectly friendly and proficient concierge.

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank ExtensiveTravels
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Times Square South, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear ExtensiveTravels,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are truly disappointed to hear of the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay. We take comments such as these seriously and have sent you a private message in effort to obtain further details.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 11 November 2013

unlike most of HIE ...A New Hotel , very clean, nearby everything , couple of minutes walk from Penn station, friendly staff, spacy rooms , free internet .....everything you need for a comfortable stay around the city ...I recommend and will come again for sure

Room Tip: have an empire state view...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MrTBeirut
north carolina
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I travel to NYC several times per year and always look for a reasonably priced hotel located near our corp office in the ESB. I have stayed at half a dozen within the vicinity, all of which are quite nice. HI Express at Herald is no exception. However, they do stand out from the others (including another local HIE) for their impressive staff and new facilities (7 months old). Brian and Robbie were very welcoming and a valuable asset to the hotel and great ambassadors for the BRAND.
Room is nice size for NY standards and incredibly clean. Had a minor issue with TV...called down to desk and maintenance was up in less than 2 minutes (had been unplugged). Breakfast at 7:30 was plentiful and fresh with a nice variety.
2 very minor complaints (take the good with the constructive)...WIFI on 18th floor was very weak. Not sure if it was number of users or just my location...not a huge deal. Also, this is a very quiet hotel at night HOWEVER; the only noise I heard (except for the expected street sounds) was the constant hum of the elevator. This will not detract me from staying again, but I will know to bring ear plugs next time!
I always appreciate a good value and found one right here. Kudos to the management and to the desk staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I am in NYC frequently for business and stayed here recently. I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness, friendliness of staff, 24 hour coffee bar, free breakfast, etc. The rates are amazing for the room and the location. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Central Coast, NSW
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I have travelled throughout the US over the last 5 weeks and made a 2 week stop in New York. This hotel was amazing. From the moment we stepped through the doors everyone was really friendly and helpful, particularly Brian on reception and John on Concierge.
The room was everything we needed. For a New York hotel, I was surprised to find the room was fairly spacious, incredibly clean and included everything we needed. Internet was actually high-speed and included in the rate (unlike other hotels which advertise this but cannot deliver).
Breakfast was the perfect start to our morning although, you have to down by 9.30am which can be a challenge after a late night out exploring!
The location in great, it took less than 10 minutes to walk to Times Square, Empire State, Madison Square Garden and only 5 minutes to the nearest subway station.
I will definitely stay here when I visit NYC in future, and will recommend all my Aussie friends to do the same.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple