“Perfection!”

Ranked #119 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Perfection!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend the Hyatt Union Square Hotel. I've stayed in NYC many times and never knew about this hotel before! The room was beautiful, modern, clean and had everything I needed. Check in was quick, easy and accommodating! The restaurants were wonderful! What I loves most was the location; everything was right outside your door. Shopping, markets, restaurants and especially and especially the clean open spaces which in NYC are hard to find!
I would rate this hotel Andy experience a 5 star!

• Stayed February 2014
Tenzing D, Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We would like to welcome you back and hopefully you would recommend your loved ones as well about the hotel. It's a gem in the heart of New York City and our staff here work tirelessly creating an ambiance of chic and luxury at the same time.

Please do contact me directly should you have any questions or queries for your future stays in New York.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Kind Regards,

tenzing.dupatsang@hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Hebrew first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I love Hyatt Union Square for the friendly staff, lovely decor, and proximity to everything! I have tried many brands in the city, but always come back to Hyatt. I specifically choose the Union Square location because of it's cozy feel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for this amazing review. Your title says it all and I have to thank you for your loyalty with Hyatt.

We hope to make every stay of yours at Hyatt Union Square a memorable one and we have just the individuals that are personable and professional at the same time.

Please do contact me directly should you have any queries or when your plans bring you back to Hyatt Union Square.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square in the near future. Thank you once again.

Best Regards,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Front desk staff is always ready to accommodate you as best they can. On my last trip I received a fabulous upgrade and they corrected a mistake in the reservation that I made. Great service with a smile. Gym is fantastic, one of my favorite hotel gyms in the city. My go to union square hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Nryan2008
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am truly glad that you had a wonderful stay with us.

I'm glad that you have come back to us since your last visit to NYC. We hope to see many more of your visits so we can recreate all those memorable experiences for you.

Please do contact me if you have any questions or plan for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Best Regards,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Nice new lovely hotel. Nice room (cozy, but not small). Funky decor. Staff was very friendly. A very ideal location. Right at Union Square and a quick walk to St. Marks for all your "punk rock" shopping needs! Very easy access to the subway (near Astor Place). Not far from Bowery/SoHo. Lots of restaurant choices around the area. Parking is expensive wherever you park in NYC so you just have to deal with it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Tenzing D, Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thank you for a wonderful review. I am glad that you had an amazing stay with us.

I'm sure you had a great time shopping around the neighborhood and the little surprises that comes with New York.

Please do contact me directly should your plans bring you back to New York. We would love to have you back.

Thank you.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We thought we would try this new property in NYC for our latest trip to the Big Apple. I must preface this stay(service-wise) by saying that this year we have already stayed at Park Hyatt Aviara, Park Hyatt Dubai, Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, Grand Hyatt Dubai and also Park Hyatt Vendome UHH yes we are loyal to the Hyatt Brand. We had amazing service at each of these locations. We don't require a lot of attention per se BUT here ALL we needed were prompt wake up calls. On the first night/morning we had requested a wake up call and received it an hour earlier than our requested time. Not the biggest deal BUT we were not fans. On the second night/morning we had requested a wake up call for an "early" flight. WE RECEIVED NO WAKE UP CALL AT ALL!! This was very frustrating and we ended up missing our scheduled flight. Yes... a big deal!! We had really looked forward to our stay at this new prop.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review on your stay at the Hyatt Union Square.

After reading your comments, I must say that I am truly sorry we failed to deliver an amazing Hyatt experience to you. This certainly isn’t typical of our team.

I know that I can’t change the past; however, I can certainly influence the future. Please if you can reach out to me directly to discuss the matter further would be much appreciated.

Again, I am very sorry, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Brazil
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Very good hotel with new rooms. The service is good and there is a very good bar at The hotel Also.

At The top there is a nice view

The location is very good , very close To subway and good restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. It is good to know that you had an amazing time here at Hyatt Union Square.

Our team here at Hyatt Union Square are dedicated professionals and genuine individuals driven to provide the best and personal experience. And I'm glad that this time we have succeeded.

Please do reach out to me directly should you have any further inquiries or when your plans bring you back to New York. We would love to have you back.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This was my first stay at the Hyatt at Union Square. Good downtown location with lots to offer near by. I was upgraded to a city view room and was still a bit surprised at how small the room was. But everything was new and clean and I appreciate that. A big shout out to Evan at the front desk. When I checked in I asked him for a restaurant within walking distance that would be ok for a single diner. He recommended Il Cantinori, and by the time I was in my room he called to confirm the reservation. Evan was very attentive and friendly, as were all the other folks I interacted with at the hotel. Had breakfast at the hotel both days I was there - delicious.

Room Tip: City view room wasn't as noisy as I thought it would be. I liked that I could open the window, b...
Green Features: I like that they have a recycle bin in the room for water bottles, newspapers, etc.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Tenzing D, Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you so much for a wonderful review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service from our staff and the hotel overall. I will make sure Evan is acknowledged for his attentiveness and dedication to providing the experience you had with us.It goest without saying that we at Hyatt Union Square are driven to provide the service in a personable and professional manner.

However, I'm sad to hear that you were not satisfied with the room size but without any excuse I'd like to address that the rooms are comparatively larger than most New York hotels and I'm sure we could have found you something better if it was an issue. But let me assure you that the next time you visit us again, we'll have you situated in a better and bigger room. Please do contact me directly when you do make that reservation with us.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Regards,