“Greay stay”

Hyatt Union Square New York
Ranked #113 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel was exactly what I needed on my recent weekend trip to NYC. From the minute I arrived I was pleased with this hotel. The front desk staff were friendly, efficient and personable, even past midnight (I took a late flight in). They asked about my plans for my trip and offered help finding anything I might need. I feel like at a lot of places, they don't actually care, but here, the staff remembered that I was there to see a show at Irving Plaza (which is just 2 blocks away) and asked how it was the next evening when I returned. Those are the kind of details that make me a happy customer.

The rooms are fairly small, as expected in NYC, but I was impressed with how spacious it felt. There is great space saving design that's still aesthetically pleasing. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby.

Room Tip: Courtyard facing room was very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Tenzing D, Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are so glad that you had a great stay here at Hyatt Union Square.

Our staff here at Hyatt Union Square are nothing less of hospitality professionals that are dedicated to providing the best and genuine service to all our guest. We are glad you were able to experience one such moment and able to share it. I will be more than happy to acknowledge our staff witht their exemplary service.

We hope that you make Hyatt Union Square your new home and hopefully we'll be able to more of you. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Thank you and until then....

Regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend the Hyatt Union Square Hotel. I've stayed in NYC many times and never knew about this hotel before! The room was beautiful, modern, clean and had everything I needed. Check in was quick, easy and accommodating! The restaurants were wonderful! What I loves most was the location; everything was right outside your door. Shopping, markets, restaurants and especially and especially the clean open spaces which in NYC are hard to find!
I would rate this hotel Andy experience a 5 star!

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We would like to welcome you back and hopefully you would recommend your loved ones as well about the hotel. It's a gem in the heart of New York City and our staff here work tirelessly creating an ambiance of chic and luxury at the same time.

Please do contact me directly should you have any questions or queries for your future stays in New York.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I love Hyatt Union Square for the friendly staff, lovely decor, and proximity to everything! I have tried many brands in the city, but always come back to Hyatt. I specifically choose the Union Square location because of it's cozy feel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for this amazing review. Your title says it all and I have to thank you for your loyalty with Hyatt.

We hope to make every stay of yours at Hyatt Union Square a memorable one and we have just the individuals that are personable and professional at the same time.

Please do contact me directly should you have any queries or when your plans bring you back to Hyatt Union Square.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square in the near future. Thank you once again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Front desk staff is always ready to accommodate you as best they can. On my last trip I received a fabulous upgrade and they corrected a mistake in the reservation that I made. Great service with a smile. Gym is fantastic, one of my favorite hotel gyms in the city. My go to union square hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Nryan2008

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am truly glad that you had a wonderful stay with us.

I'm glad that you have come back to us since your last visit to NYC. We hope to see many more of your visits so we can recreate all those memorable experiences for you.

Please do contact me if you have any questions or plan for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Nice new lovely hotel. Nice room (cozy, but not small). Funky decor. Staff was very friendly. A very ideal location. Right at Union Square and a quick walk to St. Marks for all your "punk rock" shopping needs! Very easy access to the subway (near Astor Place). Not far from Bowery/SoHo. Lots of restaurant choices around the area. Parking is expensive wherever you park in NYC so you just have to deal with it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Tenzing D, Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you for a wonderful review. I am glad that you had an amazing stay with us.

I'm sure you had a great time shopping around the neighborhood and the little surprises that comes with New York.

Please do contact me directly should your plans bring you back to New York. We would love to have you back.

Thank you.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We thought we would try this new property in NYC for our latest trip to the Big Apple. I must preface this stay(service-wise) by saying that this year we have already stayed at Park Hyatt Aviara, Park Hyatt Dubai, Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, Grand Hyatt Dubai and also Park Hyatt Vendome UHH yes we are loyal to the Hyatt Brand. We had amazing service at each of these locations. We don't require a lot of attention per se BUT here ALL we needed were prompt wake up calls. On the first night/morning we had requested a wake up call and received it an hour earlier than our requested time. Not the biggest deal BUT we were not fans. On the second night/morning we had requested a wake up call for an "early" flight. WE RECEIVED NO WAKE UP CALL AT ALL!! This was very frustrating and we ended up missing our scheduled flight. Yes... a big deal!! We had really looked forward to our stay at this new prop.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review on your stay at the Hyatt Union Square.

After reading your comments, I must say that I am truly sorry we failed to deliver an amazing Hyatt experience to you. This certainly isn’t typical of our team.

I know that I can’t change the past; however, I can certainly influence the future. Please if you can reach out to me directly to discuss the matter further would be much appreciated.

Again, I am very sorry, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Very good hotel with new rooms. The service is good and there is a very good bar at The hotel Also.

At The top there is a nice view

The location is very good , very close To subway and good restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. It is good to know that you had an amazing time here at Hyatt Union Square.

Our team here at Hyatt Union Square are dedicated professionals and genuine individuals driven to provide the best and personal experience. And I'm glad that this time we have succeeded.

Please do reach out to me directly should you have any further inquiries or when your plans bring you back to New York. We would love to have you back.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back again.