“great hotel in a great location”

Hyatt Union Square New York
Ranked #106 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 May 2014

First thing,its new. For a downtown NYC hotel,the rooms are a nice size and very comfortable. Beautifully appointed with everything you could want or need. And,if you forgot anything,there is an extensive list of items that you could request from housekeeping. One that I would recommend is the lighted makeup mirror. As beautiful the room is,there isn't enough lighting anywhere to put your makeup on. Awesome shower!!!!! Plan a long one. The hotel staff was very friendly and a shout out to John ( one of the managers) for clearing up a small misu derstanding. THANKS! If you like to walk, you'll love this location. You have the union square market a block away. Don't plan on using the in room fridge for ur perishables though. Its a mini bar. My daughter and i walked from the hotel to the High line park and in another direction to the Duplex and Terra Blues. All fun suggestions btw. We try to stay in a different hotel each time we stay in the city but this one I think we will be back too.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Tenzing D, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Debi33,

Thank you for your amazing review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and pointing out John for his excellent customer service to rectify the issue on hand. I will be sure to acknowledge and congratulate him.

I am glad to hear that you will be returning to us and we will definitely look forward to welcoming you back to us.

Have a wonderful week ahead of you and until next time.

chris.holbrook@hyatt.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,769)

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel will soon be one of the greats, a future institution like other hotels in NYC. Great room, great bathroom, great location, great restaurant, close to other affordable dining choices and excellent coffee across the street. The best part- the staff. Everyone is super-friendly, everyone is super professional, everyone understands that they're in the business of HOSPITALITY. Kudos on a job very well done !!!

Room Tip: ask for quieter interior room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear JG H,

Thank you for your feedback and this amazing review. We do appreciate it. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the stay and specially the staff that serviced you.

It gives me utmost pleasure when our staff here at Union Square exemplifies great customer service yet maintain that individual character to provide a friendly and hospitable environment.

I'm sure this isn't the last we'll see of you and we can't wait to welcome you back to your new favorite Hotel in NYC.

Until then ...

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is the newest hidden gem in NYC. I've traveled there several times this year and this has felt like my home away from home. The management and staff are amazing-service is excellent. Great atmosphere, the rooms are modern and immaculate. Food is also delicious. Special thanks to Carlos, Evan, Kaitlin, and Daquan for making us feel so comfortable and being so accommodating.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. Some on ground floor have beautiful terraces.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Roni S,

Thank you for this wonderful review. We do appreciate every compliment you have showered upon us and the staff members you have mentioned. I will personally congratulate and acknowledge them.

I am very proud to have a team that has shown excellent customer service and most notably made you feel at home. I also thank you for your continued loyalty and hope to see many more of your visits.

Until your next stay... wish you a pleasant day and looking forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My daughter is attending NYU and the location couldn't be better. I had a lovely view and was within walking distance to just about anything. The food/restaurant choices nearby were tremendous. The staff could not have been more friendly, helpful, and accommodating. I will definitely be returning. Thank you Hyatt, this is a class act.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Mr. James L,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We do appreciate your business and we are glad you had a wonderful stay with us.

We would love to see you back and hopefully it will be as memorable as this one.

Until then,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My daughter celebrated her 21rst birthday with her friends in New York City, and we are so glad they stayed at the very beautiful Union Square Hyatt. Upon entering their rooms, I immediately received a call about how clean and beautiful the hotel is. Before they arrived, I spoke with a very accommodating and kind concierge named Tenzing Dupatsang who coordinated a lovely welcoming snack for the girls. This consisted of cheese, fruit, and other pastries. The girls really enjoyed the tasty snacks. As their mother, I was glad to have snacks for them when they arrived from their long travel time into the city. Tenzing is also aware that I am concerned about their safety and has been communicating their travels to me. They went to a nearby chocolate restaurant and Webster dance hall. After hearing about how wonderful the hotel is, I am anxious to stay there myself one day. I am a dedicated Hyatt customer since Hyatt has never failed me in quality, service, cleanliness, and overall excellence in staff. Thank you to the staff at this hotel for greatly contributing to the enjoyment and happiness of my daughter's special night with her friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear MaryannBuonaspina,

Thank you for such a wonderful note. This certainly does inspire and motivate our staff to continue their excellent service level and I will make sure to thank and congratulate Tenzing for taking care of your daughter and her friends.

Our staff here at Hyatt Union Square are dedicated to providing the utmost personable and professional service and I’m glad we were able to do so this time. I do hope you will visit us in the near future to experience one such memorable Hyatt stay. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I had business in NYC so I picked the Hyatt Union Square for logistical purposes and couldn't e happier. Even if it wasn't close to what I was in NYC for, the location is fantastic. We walked down to the Freedom Tower, Soho, Lower East Side, we don't mind walking.

The service was amazing, didn't have to ask for anything, it was like management could read our minds! The staff was extremely friendly. The lounge and restaurant were great too.

The rooms are great sized for NYC standards. Super clean and very nice. C.O. Bigelow soaps, shampoo and conditioner.

All in all, very happy with our stay there, wouldn't hesitate at all to recommend this hotel and without a doubt, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Tenzing D, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Howiebanto,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am so glad that you made the right choice by choosing Hyatt Union Square and loved the stay throughout.

I couldn't be happier with all your amazing compliments to our staff. We are very passionate about our service that we provide to our guests.

We hope to see you in the near future and we look forward to welcoming back to Hyatt Union Square.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

A calm, appealing oasis in the cacophony that is New York City. The front desk folks are courteous and ready to help with anything. Also, you should eat at the hotel restaurant (The Fourth) while you're there. I have the memory of a gnat and I remember that delicious breakfast in all its fantastic glory.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tess S

Dear Tess S,

Thank you so much for a wonderful review. We are so glad that you had a great time at Hyatt Union Square. We do appreciate the great commendations and descriptive compliments you have bestowed upon us.

We do hope that you will return to us when your trip brings you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Until then,