“Intimate and polished haven in the Big Apple!”

Hyatt Union Square New York
Ranked #120 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
East Hampton, New York
“Intimate and polished haven in the Big Apple!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This newer addition to the Hyatt family gets a top score in my book! Great location, modern and comfortable rooms, excellent and attentive staff ... who could ask for more? I have stayed here several times and appreciate being remembered and welcomed back with genuine warmth.
I am almost torn between keeping this as my 'secret' discovery and sharing this precious 'gem' of a hotel with all my friends.

1 Thank Joelle K
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Joelle K,

Thank you for this amazing review. Also, thank you for being a loyal guest of ours. We appreciate your business and we are glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

I can't be more thrilled to hear about the staff that has created a friendly vibe yet keeping it professional.

We can't wait for your next stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square. Please let me know if I can be of any service to you.

Kind regards,

chris.holbrook@hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Hebrew first
Detroit
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This Hyatt was beyond and way above anything I expected when I arrived with my family! From the new and very clean rooms to the family like greetings and treatment from the workers :) Micheal at the desk was more them welcoming and accomadating and all the other staff was just as amazing!!! I would never stay anywhere else in NYC! I suggest you don't stay anywhere else!
Happy family from Detroit :)

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank TimODetroit
Dear TimODetroit,

Thank you for this amazing feedback. We are so glad that you had one of your best stays in NYC with us. I am very pleased and proud of our staff in regards to their outstanding service and commend each and everyone to making you feel at home.

We are glad that you have chosen us and will continue to do so in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square. Please let me know if you have any questions or assistance in the near future.

Kind regards,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I always choose to stay here in NY. Really nice -- has a very "boutique" feel to it. Staff are great -- very friendly and helpful. Rooms are always very clean, overall the hotel is very well kept. Beds are very comfortable, rooms are small (as always in NY) but very well designed. Very modern and new feel to the entire Hotel -- very nicely designed.

Fourth Restaurant is excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Chris_Holbrook, General Manager at Hyatt Union Square New York, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Phil W,

Thank you for staying with us again. We are glad to hear that this was an amazing stay yet again.

We can't thank you enough for your loyaltly and again this review puts the icing on the cake. Our staff here more than friendly and always eager to get you what you need and get it promptly. We are ambitious and it's these passionate and genunine friendliness that puts us where we are right now.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square, hopefully, very soon.

Kind Regards,

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I am a business traveler and really enjoyed my stay here. The staff is incredibly friendly.. from the doormen to the folks at the front desk. Great hosts all around with a convenient location near Union Sq. Nice bar with an adjoining restaurant. VERY quiet rooms.

The hotel has a nice gym with plenty of treadmills, equipment, etc. Loved the apples and bottled water.

I will definitely stay there again.

1 Thank cookej
Dear CookeJ,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are glad to hear that this was a great stay for you. Our team here are dedicated to create an experience for both business and leisure travelers. It is so good to see them at their best.

We do hope to see you in the near future. Please let me know if you have any questions for me. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Sydney
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I recently spent 3 nights at the Hyatt Union Square . This was my 6 th trip to NY and I have to say one of the best. The location is fantastic being so close to good shopping and the restaurants of Soho. I liked that it was away from the high rise financial district of midtown and a little closer to the tree lined streets and village atmosphere that this part of town offers. The hotel itself is very clean and modern. The rooms very comfortable and quiet. I had a corner suite on level 5 and enjoyed the modern design and inclusions. The staff are fantastic. Front desk staff very happy to assist and extremely welcoming. I will return!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank keentotravelsydney
Dear Keentotravelsydney,

Thank you for this amazing review. I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. Also, one of the best stays in many of your trips to NYC! We are proud of the staff that make this hotel what it is and all the wonderful and genuine feedbacks that we are constantly receiving from guests just like you.

Please do return to us on your next visit. Let me know if you have any questions or need assistance whilst you decide your return trip to NYC. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Union Square.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here last week and the hotel was amazing. We had a wonderful welcome each time we came into the Reception area where the staff were so friendly and helpful in every way. Both Victors were exceptional. The bed was the most comfortable we have slept in. Fantastic location and modern carefully designed rooms with the shower and toilet separate. Fantastic air-conditioning which we could adjust easily and instantly. Also very quiet at night.
We loved it and are planning a return visit. Thank you so much.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Liz P,

Thank you for a wonderful review. We do appreciate it that you have given us a wonderful and genuine feedback. I'm delighted to hear that your stay here with us was a great one. I cannot be more prouder of our staff and I'll be sure to thank both the Victors for their great and outstanding job.

With that said, I'm sure I can count on you returning back to Hyatt Union Square when your trip brings you back to New York. Until then...

Los Altos, CA
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 5 days. Very nice, modern, chic hotel. The staff is wonderful and available. Lighting controls are very techie, the TV is great (not the usual flat-panel add-on with bad resolution), the bedding is superb. And it's quiet, even facing out on Fourth Avenue. Best of all is the shower -- planning to buy one of the shower heads for use at home! Highly recommend and we'll be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear BeverlyLosAltos,

Thank you so much for this indepth review on most of our ameniities. I think you've given most of our future guests a pre-arrival glimpse of their stay with us. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we can't wait to see you once again.

Until your next visit to Hyatt Union Square, have a wonderful day and good luck.