“Fabulous place but pricey”

230 FIFTH ROOFTOP BAR NYC
Ranked #11 of 870 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I came here with a group of ten on a weekday around 5pm and we were quickly seated. The space is really big and can accommodate large groups but by the time we left around 7pm it was more crowded so I'm not sure how full it gets at peak times. Outdoor rooftop is an amazing way to experience NYC, even as a local and especially as a tourist. Drinks are good but not cheap, the cocktails I ordered were small and upwards of $15 each. But for NYC, those prices are reasonable and the location can't be beat! They even have plush terry robes for cold weather, I'm assuming. I came in spring so not sure what it's like in winter but I highly recommend if you're looking for a unique, grand way to have a drink alone or with a huge group!

There are newer reviews for 230 FIFTH ROOFTOP BAR NYC

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a rooftop restaurant/bar in NYC on 230 fifth avenue. This is the biggest rooftop restaurant in NYC. theres no entrance but you pay for drinks and food on top, possibly a bit more but hey, you get a view thou. The view is facing 5th avenue from lower manhattan upwards and from here you see the Empire State pretty good. The rooftop is heated and its open all year around. Its pretty popular and if you are thinking of going, book ahead tables or come here 4 pm when they open. They have a lush garden with green trees around the garden to make it more intimate.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Location feature for wonderful views of NYC, drink normal and correct prices, well attended even if not the top, to live at sunset for the change of colors and lights of the city.
Council to add to the drink a few simple dish but well prepared.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had SO much fun here when I went with a girlfriend. The crowd is great and the music was fun to dance too. It wasn't butts to elbows crowded either. The drinks werent too expensive. I would go again. The view is amazing as well. Line can be long, but well worth the wait. Dress to impress!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Amazing Place
Amazing Prices
Amazing views - SPECTACULAR
JUST WOW

We planned on going before we had even left the UK. I surprised my partner and we absolutely loved it!