“Repeat customer of this hidden GEM!”
Review of Tre Stelle

Tre Stelle
Ranked #4,383 of 14,524 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: btwn 5th. and 6th.
Transit: N,R train at 23rd. and 5th. Ave. F train at 23rd. and 6th. Ave. 5,6 train at 23rd. and Park Ave.
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I am a major foodie and eat out 5 out of 7 nights. The only reason I can see that this restaurant is not more popular is due to the fact that Eataly is right across the street. I've eaten in this establishment 4 times now and each time was excellent all around.

The drinks are perfectly mixed by great bartenders who take pride in their work. They also offer specials like free appetizers with a drink order. The wine list is also excellent with lots of choices and decent pricing.

The decor is fresh, posh, modern and clean. We never have trouble finding seating at the bar or in the back of the restaurant where they have booth/bench seating as well as round tables which are great for bigger parties.

Dinners are incredible. Try the calamari for an appetizer. It has a nice seasoning, fresh and crisp and not at all chewy. You also have to try the salads. You can order one to share with another person. They come in a beautiful square shaped glass bowl. Our favorites are the INSALATE VERDE and the SPINACI, PERA, PARMIGIANO E NOCI. We even mix them. My favorite dish on the menu is the Grilled branzino butterfly style served with grilled seasonal vegetables. They must have a charcoal grill in their kitchen because that is how the fish comes out. Char-grilled to perfection with roasted lemon on the side. The vegetables are also grilled and filled with fresh flavor. We never save room for desert but on our last visit they brought homemade scone cookies and I suddenly had lots of room for them. They were that good! Finally, they also brought us four shots of limencelo on the house. How's that for a perfect meal!

We will be back and I highly recommend it. I wasn't even going to share this jewel with you but I'm afraid they might close down if they don't do more business. Eataly, while good for snacking, doesn't hold a candle to Tre Stelle.

Hats off to an awesome restaurant that does it all RIGHT! I hope you found this review helpful! See pictures!

TRE S, Manager at Tre Stelle, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

We really appreciate that every time you come here you enjoy our restaurant, we also change few dishes in the menu so next time you'll be here you'll have the chance to try it.

I hope to see you soon

Michele

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We were staying at the Wyndham Hotel next door. The service & food was great. Nice, cozy & perfect place.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Good prices and fresh food. Really enjoyed the staff and presentation. Good italian food and you can taste the freshness. Great cocktails. Not overpriced. Good food portions.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Our family of 11 walked in without a reservation and was greeted like family. This is Italian food as found in Italy. Excellent preparation; portions perfect. With 11 people we probably ordered half the menu and no one complained. I love gnocchi but hesitate to order it out since it is frequently heavy dumplings. Not at Tre Stelle - light and pillowy. We are not out-of-towners and eat in Manhattan enough to know a 'find' when we discover it.

1  Thank ama720li
TRE S, Manager at Tre Stelle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

I am very happy you guys enjoyed yourselves at Tre Stelle. On behalf of myself and the staff, I'd like to say we'll always look forward to having you dine with us!!!

Cin cin!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is my second dinner here, I'm Italian and I appreciate the nice place, great quality of the ingredients and dishes (real Italian style), great service and friendly manager (Thanks Manu!)

I've also used a groupon and service was impeccable and dishes are the same size.

The restaurant is very nice and modern with also some lovely seating outside.
The food is amazing!!!
We tried:

Burrata con pomodorini - Delicious, real Italian style.
Carpaccio - Amazing

Eggplant Parmesan - Mesmerizing!!!
Ravioli - very good

Tagliata - Outstanding, a must have (we had it both times)

Cheesecake alla Nutella - Exceptional :-)

They were extremely nice and friendly and offered us complimentary Limoncello :-)

We'll come back soon!

Bravi!!!

2  Thank ChiVuolEsserLietoSia
TRE S, General Manager at Tre Stelle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

First of all thank you so much for choosing us!! I'm so glad that you did enjoy everything and had a good time! We always do our best to keep our clientele happy, and as you know, this is your house when ever you want to come to visit us!! we will be more than happy to have you!!
Best regards.