“Great staff and good food”

McHale's Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
McHale's Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #534 of 14,311 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: A pub is a center for meeting people, being social, and having a good time.
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Great service and the staff were very friendly and stopped to chat. The service was quick and the food was good

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were early for the Wicked matinee so we stopped here for lunch. I order the steak salad and was expecting what I get back home with overdone steak scraps on a bed of lettuce. To my surprise, it was a delicious cut of meat, cooked medium rare, then cut in big chunks. Yummy! The wait staff was very pleasant although they could probably use an extra hand.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We went here on tartan day and the atmosphere was fantastic!!! The food and service were both great, and the drinks list was quite extensive!! Loved it.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

While collecting theatre tickets, we asked about local Irish bars and were given a card for McHale's.
We received a very warm welcome from the young barmaid. Colette, who originated from Northern Ireland. It was a delight to be served by her and she treated her regulars and tourists alike, with the same charm and "craik".
The "gantry" was extensive and my husband enjoyed the wheat beer as well as the Guinness.
We enjoyed the experience so much that we returned another day and were welcomed like long lost family. We were even given a wedge of birthday cake of one of "the regulars".
Colette is a real asset to this Irish bar. I do hope the licencee acknowledges and appriciates this for without her, it would be just another Irish bar in Manhattan.

2  Thank robertabrien
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I visit here every time I am in NYC. Friendly staff and great service. Nice atomsphere. Excellent food. Great choices of beer.