“Only the best for my review”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sirio Ristorante

Sirio Ristorante
Ranked #2,206 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$45 - US$75
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Home Style
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 61st and 5th Avenue
Transit: Trains: N, Q, R at Fifth Avenue.
Description: "Sirio Ristorante is my chance to offer diners an opportunity to experience the cuisine that my family and I enjoy while dining out throughout Italy," said Sirio Maccioni. Our Executive Chef is overseeing the kitchen at Sirio Ristorante New York. Inspired by the high style aesthetic of 1960's Italy, the restaurant recalls the classic Italian ristorante and casual elegance of Federico Fellini's "La Dolce Vita.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Only the best for my review”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Walking along central park I stopped in this restaurant. As Italian I m a little bit skeptic about Italian kitchen in NYC but Sirio was capturing my attention with his "apparently" simple menu. Then, asking for specialities I found dishes out of standard menu and I combined a deer carpaccio with lobster risotto... It sound strange but it's the best I ever eat since.. You should try carpaccio with vanilla vinaigrette and you will be In paradise! I can't wait the bill for closing my review: the high kitchen doesn't have any price.

Jessica D, Manager at Sirio Ristorante, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit at Sirio Ristorante. We are happy that you enjoyed two of our daily Chef’s specials. We are excited to announce that the Crudo di Cervo (Venison Carpaccio) has been added to our Summer 2014 menu due to its popularity. We also have seasonal daily specials for both lunch and dinner, all of which are original creations designed by our Executive Chef, Massimo Bebber. We look forward to seeing you again to try our summer specials!

New York City, New York
“Great first impression -”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Being a local, It has been years since I visited the Pierre Hotel. The addition of Sirio is a welcome one, and it didn't disappoint.

What started out as stopping in for a drink, turned into staying for dinner. Although pricey, the burger was incredible! (Prosciutto on a burger - yes please!)

The atmosphere was quiet and subdued, and in general a pretty dead night. The patrons that were there were clearly regulars, and some may say pretentious - not generally my crowd. The staff was warm and welcoming however, and the manager, David was more than accommodating. He took time to chat and check in throughout the evening. That personal service will be the reason I go back.

• Visited May 2014
Jessica D, Manager at Sirio Ristorante, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
We are pleased to read such a nice review. We are happy you enjoyed our Burger, one of our signature menu items. We always strive to provide warm, welcoming service along with an outstanding meal. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
East Islip, New York
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This new arrival in the Maccioni stable more than lives up to its impressive pedigree - and that's saying alot given that its NYC. From the delicious and expertly presented fare to the attentiveness of the staff there is no stone left unturned. I can honestly say that this is one of the best restaurants in the city.

• Visited December 2013
Jessica D, Manager at Sirio Ristorante, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Sirio Ristorante. The Maccioni family and the Pierre Hotel have paired hoping to exceed to high dining standards along with superb cuisine. We are glad to have met your expectations and look forward to having you join us again soon.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't bother”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The ravioli was disgusting. The food was minimal and just not the greatest. We were also not catered to the way that the patrons who clearly had lots of money were. You could keep your snooty over priced restaurant. We would never go back.

1 Thank Jeanine C
Jessica D, Manager at Sirio Ristorante, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for your past experience. We strive to provide all of our guests the best possible experience with sincere and genuine service. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide a better dining experience overall.
Fortaleza, Brazil
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great breakfast with a good sort of choices on the menu. We had smoked salmon, omelette, and much more

Visited April 2014
Jessica D, Manager at Sirio Ristorante, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. It is our pleasure to provide you and all of our guests a great breakfast experience, including a menu with a sufficient and enjoyable selection. Please come back soon!