Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$175
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$295
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$297
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$223
US$203
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
Omni Berkshire Place(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$255
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$348
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$410
US$230
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Hotel Mela(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$189
  • Restaurant
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$216
Travelocity
1,157 results
All reviewshell's kitchentimes squarenew yorkthe breakfast areawest sideminute walkfree breakfastnearest subwayyogurtfew blockshot breakfastbreakfast staffrooms are smallhotel is locatedeach morningwould stay againhudson river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The hotel is perfect! It is a new building! The staff was very friendly and spent much attention with the guests. The location of the hotel is privileged, just 3 blocks from Times Square (7 minutes walking). This is perfect, because you can relax and stay out of heavy traffic. The breakfast is also perfect, there is a great variety of foods and the staff is constantly in attention to replenish food. The room is extremely clean, new, the room service cleans it everyday, the bedroom is very confortable and there isn't any bedbug (which is very important, because this a potential problem is some hotels in New York, mainly in the old ones). There many goods options to lunch and dinner near from the hotel. There are many restaurants as: Italian, French, Portuguese, Bralizan, Thai, Chinese, and others. Still in the hotel, it is offered free internet connection (wi-fi) at the rooms and a complete service with computers and totems at the lobby. It is certain that in my next trip to New York my family and me will stay again on it.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect. Definetly all rooms are good and will meet all expectations.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Michelle G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear GeraldoZafalon,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! I am so happy to hear that we will be your hotel of choice for your next visit to New York City. I am glad that you appreciated the area, and took advantage of some of the great restaurants it offers! I am also glad that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel and the breakfast. We hope that you visit again soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Had a fantastic experience at this hotel. We felt most welcome from the time we entered the lobby. Great friendly staff, rooms extremely well presented and clean, all sports channels on the TV and a fantastic breakfast. Staff gave great advice and answered our questions before we even asked them. Location one block from Hells Kitchen restaurants was a real advantage too. Wished we had have stayed there longer......

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Michelle G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Steve V,

Thank you so much for the review! We wish that you were able to stay longer as well! We hope that you are able to return in the future. We are glad that you had a nice time!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

A good hotel with clean rooms and good beds. The have free wifi that unfortunately is unstable. However, when I complained, they provided me with a cable and I was up and running. The follow up of my complaint was very good, they called me back to tell me what happened and afterwards to check if everything was OK.

The breakfast is good, but it is a small breakfast room which is overcrowded all morning.

I would consider using it again for a good offer

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Michelle G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Freiro,

Thank you so much for the nice review. I am very sorry that you had a challenge with our internet. I am glad that we were able to resolve this to your satisfaction. I hope that you enjoyed your visit to New York City. We hope to see you are your next trip.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The hotel is in a perfect location. It is a short distance from Times Square and all other favourite New York City attractions. But, it is not in the middle of all the people and traffic which makes it a hotel that is perfect to relax in after a busy day touring the city. There was a variety of breakfast food and the counters were always stocked with food. The staff was very friendly too. The rooms, though they were on the small side, lacked no major amenity. The room was able to fit four people comfortably for three days. It was a great hotel and would definitely stay again on my next trip to NYC.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Michelle G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Vincent V,

Thank you so much for the awesome review. We are so happy that we were 'perfect' for you! We are also glad that you will stay with is again on your next trip. We look forward to that visit!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

One of the good things about picking a hotel in New York City is that you have a huge array of options. If you're someone who has $500 a night to burn on an old classic hotel with a gigantic lobby and rooms the size of a basketball court, there are other places where you can do that. But for what I needed on this trip, it is hard to imagine a better value than what I got. For openers, by New York standards the price was very, very reasonable. The room, while quite small, had an exceptionally comfortable bed, was immaculately clean (well, the outside windows were kind of dirty, but this is Manhattan), had an excellent TV with a fine choice of channels, good water pressure and hot water and overall very well maintained. The public areas, including the stairs, were very clean as well. It is true that the breakfast area was crowded, but I never was unable to get a seat, and I enjoyed the cinnamon rolls others have mentioned. The location is interesting: it's farther from restaurants and the subway than other Manhattan hotels where I've stayed, but within a 10 minute walk, you have plenty of choices. What's more, the neighborhood is astonishingly quiet and restful for Manhattan, and felt much safer and in better shape than I remembered Hell's Kitchen being. I was concerned about staying west of 7th Avenue, but I need not have been--the neighborhood is just fine. It's also a fine location for a walk to see a show (I walked right up 48th to the Walter Kerr Theater) or the Intrepid Museum. So for these reasons alone, the hotel would rate a strong review from me.
What pushes it up to five circles was the service. I can't remember the last time I stayed at a hotel *anywhere* that had service this good. Staff remembered that I was there to see an NIT basketball game with my alma mater Minnesota at Madison Square Garden, and asked me later how the game went. Several of them remembered who I was, including the excellent housekeeper Fabiola. When there was a small plumbing problem in my room, it was fixed within 15 minutes. The manager who you see in the comments after other reviews was a regular presence at breakfast, checking up on how people were. They also gave me a room upgrade when I let them know I was in the Holiday Inn guest card program.
I appreciate enthusiastic people who do a good job, whether it's in a hotel or somewhere else. This hotel has created a culture where the staff are committed to doing just that. I'd gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Badgerjim,

First of all, congrats to your Golden Gophers on their NIT Championship. What a great game! Thank you so much for writing the very detailed review! We are so glad that you had a 'terrific stay'. We enjoyed having you as our guest. Thank you also for recognizing Fabiola by name. I will make sure that she is recognized. She is a great asset to our team. I appreciate all of the other positive comments you have about the hotel. We hope that we see you again soon!