Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$171
  • Fitness centre
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$158
US$113
  • Pool
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$220
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$278
US$155
Triumph Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$137
US$449
US$391
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$188
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$279
US$219
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$92
  • Breakfast included
US$232
US$171
1,156 results
All reviewshell's kitchentimes squarenew yorkthe breakfast areawest sideminute walkfree breakfastnearest subwayyogurtfew blockshot breakfastbreakfast staffrooms are smallhotel is locatedeach morningwould stay againhudson river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our five night stay at this gem of a hotel just a ten minute stroll from Times Square or around six dollars in a cab for the less able. All the staff were most polite and extremely helpful throughout our stay. Our room was perfectly adequate in both size and facilities. Our bed was superb, as good as any we've slept in at four and even five star hotels. Our room was at the rear so we had no problems sleeping off the jet lag! Yes breakfast is a bit scramble for the late comers, but the selection is fine and I was lucky enough to savour the delicious cinnamon rolls on each morning of our stay. There are several good bars and diners nearby and I can recommend Gossip Irish Bar (49th and 9th) for a warm welcome and some tasty and hearty food. So despite the nearby construction works we really liked our stay in Hells Kitchen and will definitely pick this Holiday Inn Express on our next visit to NYC.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear amacdonald22,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and that you will use us again when you return! We look forward it! Thank you for mentioning all of the positive attributes of the hotel and the area. I look forward to trying Gossip Irish Bar.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have to be honest, this wasn't my first hotel of choice but, the place I usually stay at, were obviously too busy ramping their rates up to respond to my e-mail re booking with them!! This was a last minute trip so after doing a little bit of research on this site I booked and hoped for the best - I wasn't disappointed. The room was HUGE (I've payed twice as much and got far smaller rooms at other hotels in Manhattan) and, being on the 17th floor, the view was awesome. The bathroom is very small but, quite frankly, I'm not too bothered by that; the shower was good and there was a fully functioning loo - job done!! Location wise you are a couple of blocks from Columbus Circle and also 7th Ave subway stops so you're really a 10 minute walk from getting anywhere in the city. I didn't eat at the restaurant or bar so I can't comment there. The staff I did have contact with (front desk & baggage room) were excellent, they really did go out of their way to help in any way they could - and this is why I will now be using this hotel for all future trips to New York.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Asbury-NJ
Michelle G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Asbury-NJ,

Thank you so much for the great review. We are so glad that you found us to be a delight. We are also glad that you will use us when you return. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

As an IHG member, I have stayed in many Holiday inn locations. I picked this hotel partly as a result of other reviews and the hotel's location. I had one free night and payed for one night. The guest rooms and bathrooms are on the small side but not unusual for NYC. The staff was pleasant. We were warned that if we went to breakfast on the late side (9 AM) that it would be crowded and it was. If it is warm enough, there are many tables outside but with temperatures in the 40s, the breakfast room was just packed. I also must note that the one thing that I look forward to at a Holiday Inn Express breakfast in the cinnamon rolls. They are even featured on a sign on each table. Sadly however, there were no rolls available at either the 9 AM breakfast on the first day or our 6:30 breakfast on the second day. Disappointing!

The hotel is located on a primarily residential street. Our room was on the back side of the hotel so it was nice and quiet. There is a lot of construction on the street however so I am not sure how the front rooms fared. The construction made the sidewalks hard to navigate especially with luggage. I found hotel just a little too far from the subway for my needs. I would probably stay closer to the Theater District on my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank travelbugMA12
Michelle G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear travelbugMA12,

Thank you very much for the feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write the review. We are sorry to hear that you only found us to be average. I wish that you would try us again so that you could have an excellent stay!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I enjoyed my 5 nights staying. The staff is willing to serve. Rooms are clean and comfortble. Good location in terms of transportation. Very much recomended.
Do try this hotel when ever you are in the big apple.
Aviva Haleva, Israel.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear halevaaviva,

Thank you so much for recommending us! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciated the staff and the cleanliness. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

The staff are very polite, friendly and helpful. And if based on that alone I'd give 5 stars overall. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

However. I admit I'm light sleeper but you'd have to be knocked out to not wake up from the noise. There was an ice machine around the corner from our room that would make a loud crunching noise at the most ungodly hours throughout the night.

Secondly even though we were on the 9th floor we were unfortunate enough to be here during major major building works which include drilling hammering etc at the highest volume I've ever heard from 7am onwards.

In spite of this I would recommend this hotel if you could get away from the ice machine and all the building work has been done or they get double glazing!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Sabrina_simone,

Thank you very much for the nice review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry that you were bothered by the ice machine and the construction across the street, but we are happy that you thought the hotel was clean and that the service deserved 5 stars! We do hope that you will try us again the next time you are in New York City.