“Excellent well situated hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West
Ranked #224 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Spent 4 nights at this hotel and couldn't be more happy with our choice. All the staff were happy & helpful especially the breakfast staff. I love the pancake machine! Breakfast was plentiful but sometimes busy so had to share tables with others. Not a problem for us but may be for others. Room was large and had a wet-room which did flood a bit when we used the shower. Free wifi was fast and well used ;-) We were on the 10th floor at the rear and we had no trouble with outside noise however the air con vent in the corridor was noisy and we could hear it from inside our room. We were so tired from all the walking so it didn't affect our sleep! Overall would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to visit again one day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor & rear of the building for less noise and great views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Yan C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear guest rsthomas11,

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. Have you also try the signature cinnamon roll? Thank you for recommend the hotel and please come back to see us!

Yan Chung
Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed 7 June 2014

From the moment we stepped into the door we felt welcome! We were greeted by Richard and Luis and I don't think there was a single person that didn't smile or say good morning or good evening! Other hotels in this chain or even other chains could take lessons from all of the staff here!

The Holiday Inn Express is across from the Salvation Army but this was not a problem. It was one and half (long ones not the short ones) blocks from the pier for cruise ships, the Intrepid Museum and the water taxi. Four (long ones again) blocks from Times Square. There are a number of restaurants in the area.

I believe the hotel information says continental breakfast, this is a lie!!! It was a full breakfast with sausage, bacon, eggs, cereal, yogurt, toast, apples, bananas, oranges, pancakes, biscuits, gravy... Furell kept it fully stocked during our entire time and it was a busy place.

Room Tip: Choose one on the backside as there is currently construction acorns the front street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Yan C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Lor_Family,

It is nice to hear that you enjoy breakfast and convenient location to the NYC attractions. Your comment will be share with the team, especially to Luis, Richard and Farrell. We would love to see you again!

Regards,

Yan Chung
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We just celebrated my 50th birthday in New York- and the staff at this hotel were outstanding. The hotel itself was clean, the beds were comfortable and the breakfast was great. But most of all, my family had a little "situation" on Saturday and the staff were so caring and compassionate- we really appreciated their support.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Michelle G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear 50andfabulous2014,

Thank you so much for the email. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also glad that everything turned out ok! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to New York City.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Went here last year in June - it was an awful week to be in NYC because it rained throughout my whole stay. For those not familiar with NYC, the walk in the rain from 11th Ave towards 8th and 7th doesn't look that far on the map, but it far when you are walking in the rain. Yes there are buses that go across the city but not frequently enough. Besides that if you are looking to hang out in Hell's Kitchen this is the perfect location. Lots of great little cafes and restaurants in the area. But a further than desirable walk to all the typical tourist attractions.

The hotel itself is new, therefore the decor and washroom were updated. When I say it was great value the price was great, but there are small details that didn't give this place a higher rating. The walls and doors are thin. I could hear my neighbours coming home and also could hear them through the walls. The cleaning staff would forget some of their cleaning tools in my room, one time it was a feather duster, another time it was a dust rag. They didn't fill in my coffee station everyday.

The front reception staff were very helpful and courteous, but it did seem that the staff were all new and not at a certain level of professionalism that only experience would be able to fix.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Michelle G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear EthelN,

Thank you very much for the review! We appreciate the feedback. We welcome you back to see all of the great changes that we have made over the year!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This HIE is a great value and the location is great. You can easily walk to Time Square, Broadway and all the theaters. The room size is generous for a Manhattan hotel and the breakfast is a step above most free hotel offerings. My room was very clean, the furnishings were new and the staff was freindly.

Room Tip: There is construction going on across the street and the noise starts about 7:00 AM. This was not a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank zepaman
Michelle G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear zepaman,

Thank you very much for the great review! We are very happy that you found us to be a great value, and that you appreciated the location! We are also happy that you found the room clean and the staff friendly! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed here because the price value for a mid town Manhattan hotel was excellent. However most other things are average at best. As a platinum IHG member I was told I was upgraded to a larger room. That room was very small. I'd hate to see how small the other rooms are. Worse than being small was the room was directly behind the elavotor shaft on one on the higher floors. Everytime the elevator would move the sound in my room was very annoying. I'm not sure what there cleanliness standard is but I was there for three nights and the room was never vacuumed. I minor spill of a nut mix was left on my floor every night. This was quite discomforting as I'm sure this lack of attention is happening elsewhere in the room and property. Lack of cleanliness is a sure way to get a bad review.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Michelle G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear TTMLL2215,

Thank you for the review. We value your feedback. I am very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with your room cleanliness. I assure you that this is not our standard. I hope that you will give us another try when you return to New York City.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I booked this last minute through Hotwire so there's always a fear of what the trade off is for the great rate. We were both pleasantly surprised by every aspect of this lovely hotel. The rooms were actually much larger than others I have stayed at in midtown Manhattan This is clearly a fairly new hotel and the decor of the room was reflective of this. It was spotless which is key for me to feel at ease. Over the weekend there was a club pumping out loud music bothFriday and Saturday which had me reaching for the earplugs but this was certainly not any fault of the hotel.
I love a hotel that offers a hot breakfast and have stayed at other HIE's in California for this feature alone. It saves not only money but precious time. Breakfast was always fresh and plentiful however prepare to wait for tables to free up and to stand in line for food. We were on the go pretty early and it was always full. Patience is a must. I give mad props to the breakfast attendants - especially Farrell who despite the madness always had a sunny disposition and tried to ensure you had what you needed. In fact all of the staff were notably friendly and accommodating. They really can set the tone of your stay. This hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk from Times Sq- which we didn't really mind but some might. Restaurant row is close as are other fabulous restaurants. I would definitely return and happily recommend.

Room Tip: I called ahead early on our day of arrival to request a king size bed and luckily this was not a pro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kelesa,

Thank you so much for the great review. We are happy that your last minute booking turned into a great experience! We are very glad that you appreciated the location and the service. Thank you for recognizing Farrell by name. We will make sure that he is recognized for his service. We hope to see you on your next trip to New York City!