“Great value, great location, great everything”

Hampton Inn Manhattan Grand Central
Ranked #59 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Edmonton
“Great value, great location, great everything”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was our first time in New York and we thought that this was a great hotel. It is not on an man streets so the noise level is not that bad. It is supper close to Grande Central Station which we used for most of our travel around NY, but still close enough that you could walk to Times Square. One night we walked back to the hotel from Central Park stopping in all the stores along the way. The free morning breakfast was fantastic.
I would say that this is a family hotel lots of families. We asked for a room with a view when we booked and got the 18th floor. It was a corner room so it was huge. I know for sure we will be staying here when we come back.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Arominjennifer
Hampton Inn M, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan Grand Central, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
We are pleased to hear that we make your time away from your home as enjoyable as can be. Thank you for writing this great five circle review for our property and we will be happy to have you as our guest over and over again.

Laciana Sargeant/ Front Office Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Maui
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed one night at this hotel in July 2014. I enjoyed 9 nights in NYC almost all of them in Hampton Inns and I stay at Hampton Inn most of the time I travel. I found this particular location to be small to the point of claustrophobic.

We had a king room on a high floor at the end of the hall. The room was the size of a postage stamp. Of all Hampton Inns I've stayed at this was by far the smallest room.

The location was not to my liking either. Not much going on around there. Thankfully I stayed one night.

The room was clean and comfortable, the service was fine. If you have to stay in this area, this hotel is a fine choice, just know that the rooms and the lobby are teeny tiny.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura K
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our hotel. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed the complimentary amenities. We welcome your feedback and strive to improve. We sincerely hope all your future travels to NYC will bring you back to our property.

Laciana Sargeant/ Front Office Supervisor
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I went on a Business trip to NY and stayed here for more than a week. The hotel is really nice and they provide free breakfast also. They got good recreation center. I like the location of this hotel as its main good point. It is located near Grand central and even very near to Times Square. But I think they should have more variety in Breakfast options. There were very repetitive in that.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor. So less noise and view was great...
2 Thank Harsh C
Hampton Inn M, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan Grand Central, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with our property and are very humbled for the time taken to write this review on TripAdvisor. Hopefully your future business travels to NYC will bring you back to our property once more!
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I chose this hotel for a few reasons- its reviews, its location and its price. I also wanted a two bedded room as I was travelling with my sister.
It didn't disappoint. The hotel was easy to find and the room was clean, spacious enough for a four night stay and the beds comfortable.
On check in we were allocated a room without a city view, which was disappointing, as I had booked a city view room. I also phoned to confirm my booking two days before we arrived so I am not sure why there was any confusion. Unfortunately, as we arrived later in the day we did not get the room I booked but we were moved rooms the next day. The new room had a bit of a view but certainly not worth the money and I don't really thick you could call it a city view.
That aside our stay went well. The room was cleaned everyday and we found the air conditioning worked well.
Breakfast was enough for us. You can make fresh waffles and tea/coffee. Other usual breakfast foods and drinks were available and it was a convenient way to start the day. It could be busy from 8.30am but we could always get a table.
The staff on reception were polite and helpful. Our bags were stored securely after we checked out so we could still sight see on our last day.
As others have mentioned the hotel is located within walking distance to many attractions and very near Grand Central Station.
I would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a city view unless its the top floors and facing front. (floor 20/21)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank gillyd382
We at the Hampton Inn United nations would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review on our property. It is great to hear that we did not disappoint your expectations and hopefully when returning to NYC we will be able to top your recent stay and those to come here at our property.
Buffalo, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The Hampton Inn makes being away from home almost fun! Comfortable bed; great shower; and outstanding air-conditioning!! They also have outstanding frolnt desk service. Everyone I dealt with was pleasant and informative. I'll never stay anywhere else when in N.Y.C. !!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Robert S
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel is located on the east end of Manhattan far enough away from the tourist locations to make food affordable. The room was clean, the staff friendly and the noise level was low inside and outside the hotel. My only complaint is the bathroom doors. The doors are sliding doors that are not inside the wall. This means there's a gap between the door and the wall and you can see into the bathroom from the outside. The gap in my room faced the mirror which reflected into the shower. There are no restrooms in the lobby so if you're going to eat there and need to wash your hands or do any other restroom related activity then do it before you go downstairs.

There is a complimentary 24 hour wifi service but you would have to pay if you wanted longer use.

Overall, it was a decent place to stay with reasonably priced restaurants and shops near by.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Greg W
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our staffs hospitability and room cleanliness. The information you have provided has been passed on to our team in regards to the bath room doors. We sincerely hope all your future travels to NYC will bring you back to our property.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Really enjoyed my brief stay at this property. It's the usual, consistent fare from Hampton and I appreciate that-especially when traveling to NYC. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Great restaurant recommendations. Room was clean with great decor and a nice size for NY. The location is also fantastic. Close to Grand Central Station, good shopping and the UN. Would definitely stay here again.

2 Thank Laura_Gamble
Hampton Inn M, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan Grand Central, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for your terrific review on our property! I’m sure the TripAdvisor followers will find the information more than welcoming on choosing their future stay here in NYC and hopefully choosing ours. It is great to hear that you would definitely stay at our property again and we hope your travels for business or leisure in other cities are just as terrific.