“New favorite on the East side!”

Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East
Ranked #36 of 471 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Having stayed at the Marriott East side right around the corner and the Courtyard two blocks away, this is without a doubt my favorite Marriott affiliate in the area. The staff is great, breakfast is excellent, and the rooms are surprisingly big -- with microwave, refrigerator, and a safe for valuables. Highly recommend for family vacations and weekend get-a-ways, location is away from most of the NYC hustle & bustle but close enough to walk or subway to everything.

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank fieldsfivedad
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Hello fieldsfivedad-

I want to thank you for your kind words of praise on our Residence Inn Manhattan/Midtown East. My team and I pride ourselves in the service we provide all of our guests and it is great to hear of your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room & our great locaiton. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your in New York City.

Justin Ellison

Write a ReviewReviews (1,753)

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was such a nice hotel. Clean and modern. The beds were nice. The free breakfast was great. More then anything the location was awesome. It is about 3 blocks from the subway (E train), 15 minute walk to time square or less. I thought for the price it was a great deal. I felt safe walking around. I would for sure stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jaykay559

Hello jaykay559-

I want to thank you for your kind words of praise on our Residence Inn Manhattan/Midtown East. My team and I pride ourselves in the service we provide all of our guests and it is great to hear of your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room & our great locaiton. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your in New York City.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Very well located at 48th and Lexington, this hotel has dozens of major tourist and business sites within easy walking distance. This was a former Helmsley property and has been quite upgraded as a segment of Marriott. We stayed for 5 nights and each was very enjoyable.
Wonderful staff leads the list of winning virtues. Fast, friendly, efficient, and professional. Perfect host is Paul, the bellman, who is simply upper echelon for warm hospitality and knowledge of the area. Nykia and colleagues in guest services were always available for any question or need. The breakfast team was equally friendly and efficient.....and the daily buffet was very well planned and prepared.
Everything work well in the room, so no worries on that item. We had a small balcony which was very nice and a bit unique. Reasonably quiet for sleeping...but, it is New York !!.
No bar or full restaurant is not a problem as there are literally 20 restaurants, lounges, and liquor stores within a square block. Special occasion or expense account? - try the Seafire Grill, only a 1/4 block from the front door. Steak (and seafood) - ultra top notch. Ask for Victor the manager.
Obviously, we would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pagmeister
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Hello geezer715-

I want to thank you for your kind words of praise on our Residence Inn Manhattan/Midtown East. My team and I pride ourselves in the service we provide all of our guests and it is great to hear of your experience. Thank you for your special shout out to Paul & Nykia! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room & our great locaiton. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your in New York City.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

The rooms were modern and clean. It appeared that our room had recenlty been updated. A breakfast buffet is included in room price and we were surprised that every day there was something different to eat. Normally it is the same food every morning. The service at breakfast was friendly and efficient. I have stayed at numerous Residence Inns and this one is one of the chain's best. Rooms in NYC are expensive; however, this hotel is reasonably priced and provides a great value. We walked to the theater, to restaurants and to 5th Avenue.

Room Tip: There are only 2 elevators. If you have a room at the top, the view will be better and the room wil...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TexasPandG

Hello TexasPandG-

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was my third stay at the Residence Inn, Midtown East and each stay has been just terrific! The location is great - 2 blocks to the Lexington Ave subway, up and downtown buses at each corner - why, you can easily walk to the West Side. We walked to Radio City and the jewelry district quite easily. Having a kitchenette and work nook is really great! And the room was large and comfortable for NYC. Breakfast is super: a full hot buffet, belgian waffles, fruit, yogurt parfait, oatmeal and cereals. And in the evenings Tues - Thursday they put out yet more food! Broccoli cheese soup with roast chicken, bread, fruit and dessert. My kid loved it - plus, we enjoyed sitting next to the fireplace. So cozy on a cold New York evening. Workout room is decent too. Justin and his team really work to make you comfortable, meet every need, and go the extra mile. If you stay in the back of the hotel, you'll get a great view of the Chrysler building. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Stay in the back and get a view of the Chrysler Building!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tropicanna212

Hello tropicanna212-

I want to thank you for your kind words of praise on our Residence Inn Manhattan/Midtown East. My team and I pride ourselves in the service we provide all of our guests and it is great to hear of your experiences. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room & our great locaiton each time you have stayed with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your in New York City.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

It's been years since I stayed at a Residence Inn and what I remembered was pretty average; however, I was pleasant surprised by this hotel. The room had a small working kitchen although I didn't need it. It had a nice desk and I had a comfortable bed. The bathroom was a nice size and the shower could have fit 9 people. The towels were a good quality. The hotel was centrally located and the bellmen tried hard to get you a cab. I didn't eat at the hotel but they offered complimentary breakfast. My only negative comment was with the HVAC. The thermostat in the room indicated the temperature was 72 which is a little warm for me. I lowered it to mid-60s but the temperature didn't go down - perhaps I should put the air on but that didn't seem right for November. Otherwise, a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Woodstock1968
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Hello Woodstock1968-

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I had only 1.5 day on NYC on my way home.
I chose this Marriott hotel due it's location to JFK shuttle and my personal preference to Residence Inns.
I'd arrived to hotel around 7 am after a "red eye" from SFO with only purpose to leave my luggage and then walk the streets till "check in" time.
It took me by surprise when I was offered a room to check in right away where I'd got some rest and my NYC visit went from good to great.
Overall, this hotel has very nice rooms with great view from the balcony (16 floor) which adds to your NYC experience.
You can also enjoy nice complimentary breakfast.

I do recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors with Balcony to 48 streets has great view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Hello Superbub76-