“Great staff, great place, great stay”

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East
Ranked #42 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Marlborough, Connecticut
“Great staff, great place, great stay”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

As longtime Marriott customers, we have come to expect only the best and this stay did not disappoint!. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous, the room was clean and spacious, and the complimentary breakfast was terrific . I'm looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: If you can, get a room with a view of the Chrysler Building and a balcony.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Russ W
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Hello Russ W-

I want to thank you for your kind words of praise on our Residence Inn Manhattan/Midtown East. My team and I pride ourselves in the service we provide all of our guests and it is great to hear of your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room & our great locaiton. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your in New York City.

Justin Ellison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Chesterland, Ohio, USA
Reviewed 5 December 2013

If you are looking for a hotel that is close to Rock Center in midtown, this is a solid option. I recently stayed there for business and had a great experience. The rooms were modern, spacious and very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast setup is very nice. For the money, in Manhattan, you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Higher is better reduce street noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dan O
Hello Dan O-

Forest Hill, Maryland
Reviewed 2 December 2013

It was the perfect 10 couples trip. We come to New York every year after Thanksgiving to get a feel of the holidays. We loved our rooms and had a blast! We took a tour of the 9/11 memorial, Jersey boys, Black Friday shopping and fantastic food! We went to RARE, Vergil's Bar B Que and the Red Eye Grill all 10's.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to the Pent House rooms, what a treat!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Hello Michele P-

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I were here visiting family for the Thanksgiving holiday. The hotel is recently remodeled, so it still looks fresh and modern. Our room was on the backside of the building, so we had a great view of the Chrysler Building- how beautiful at night! Our room had a small kitchen with dishes, pots, utensils, etc. which was great for preparing leftovers. The room was well-sized, especially given the stories about small New York City rooms that I have heard! The included breakfast is a nice touch as well. The food is extensive for a free buffet- eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, waffles, and oatmeal.

The staff was the best part of the hotel though. Before we even arrived, we received an email from the Assistant General Manager welcoming us. When we finally did arrive, Sam the doorman was most helpful and courteous. The staff at the reception desk was always accommodating. Derek, the manager, went above and beyond when we missed room cleaning one day, even following up with us later to make sure we still felt at home. And it was nice to wake up every morning and have such a warm greeting at breakfast, especially by Ramon.

Overall, it was a great stay. My husband and I got to see our family, and we weren't intimated by New York City because we felt so welcome at our hotel! When we return to the city, we will return to the Residence Inn Marriott East in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Some even numbered rooms have a view of the Chrysler Building
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello HensPen4-

I want to thank you for your kind words of praise on our Residence Inn Manhattan/Midtown East. My team and I pride ourselves in the service we provide all of our guests and it is great to hear of your experience. Thank you for the special shout out of Sam and Derek! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room & our great locaiton. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your in New York City.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

What a nice hotel! Modern, clean and spacious. I did not expect this from a Residence Inn. I stayed at a nearby luxury hotel and the size of that hotel room was "shoebox" at best. Great location, good breakfast included, and helpful staff. You couldn't ask for anything more. Hidden gem in the city.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ange567
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Hello Scw2k-

Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at the Marriott East side right around the corner and the Courtyard two blocks away, this is without a doubt my favorite Marriott affiliate in the area. The staff is great, breakfast is excellent, and the rooms are surprisingly big -- with microwave, refrigerator, and a safe for valuables. Highly recommend for family vacations and weekend get-a-ways, location is away from most of the NYC hustle & bustle but close enough to walk or subway to everything.

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank fieldsfivedad
Hello fieldsfivedad-

I want to thank you for your kind words of praise on our Residence Inn Manhattan/Midtown East. My team and I pride ourselves in the service we provide all of our guests and it is great to hear of your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room & our great locaiton. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your in New York City.

Orange, California
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was such a nice hotel. Clean and modern. The beds were nice. The free breakfast was great. More then anything the location was awesome. It is about 3 blocks from the subway (E train), 15 minute walk to time square or less. I thought for the price it was a great deal. I felt safe walking around. I would for sure stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends