“Wonderful Christmas gift!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington, DC
“Wonderful Christmas gift!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The staff couldn't have been more helpful and the hotel couldn't have served our purposes any better. We were there over Christmas and it was perfect for our needs. Great location! Breakfast was just terrific! Both days there was a great variety, and the people that tended the breakfast were very gracious and pleasant. The rooms were super clean, the beds were very comfortable. We had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Lower rooms get a little more street noise than the higher rooms, but the noise was not intolerable.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Hello ronhindc-

I want to thank you for your kind words of praise on our Residence Inn Manhattan/Midtown East. My team and I pride ourselves in the service we provide all of our guests and it is great to hear of your experience during the holiday season. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room & our great locaiton. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your in New York City.

Justin Ellison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Leiden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The rooms are great and clean. Its a great hotel, but what made it amazing was the forthcoming and kind staff. Everything was to our comfort. Peter especially came through for us. Excellent location and not overcrowded, awesome view and spacious terrace!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aniolla
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Hello Aniolla-

I want to thank you for your kind words of praise on our Residence Inn Manhattan/Midtown East. My team and I pride ourselves in the service we provide all of our guests and it is great to hear of your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room & our great locaiton. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your in New York City.

Montreal
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Everything about our stay was pretty great. The room and bathroom was clean which is most important to us, as well it had an efficiency with a full size fridge, microwave, one stove top and a set cutlery, plates, pots, etc if you require, as well as a dishwasher, which was more than we needed. We had a king bed in the room and the room was not too small for New York standards. The shower was huge, but as most hotels no water pressure. My only warning would be to those who are light sleepers the fridge compressor and heat was louder than in ones home seeing as they are in the room with you, neither of which bothered us as we were quite tired from all the walking. Our room faced a brick wall so we did not have any view but it was reasonably quiet with respect to outside noise. The breakfast was good and plentiful with lots of choices waffles, pancakes, French toast, eggs, bacon, home fries, yogurts, fruit, toast, bagels, croissants, oatmeal, and I'm sure I forgot something. The room to enjoy your breakfast is very nice with televisions and a fire place and the staff were exceptional in clearing tables and replenishing the food.

The hotel is located on 48th street just below Lexington, which is not a bad location really, just a few blocks from Rockefeller center one way and not all that far from times square, Bryant park and the theaters. Parking is right across the street from the hotel and is discounted by the hotel to $50 a day, make sure to get your ticket stamped or else it will cost you more.

I have read other complain about the elevators, yes there are only 2 elevators and with the hotel being full they can be a little slow, but it is not too long and you are on vacation 5 minutes more or less is not a big deal.

We booked months in advance so our rate was excellent for New York especially for Christmas time and was worth the money compared to other hotels for what you get. I would not hesitate to return to this hotel and recommend it to my friends and family as well.

Enjoy the city and put on your walking shoes.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul Craig
Hello Paul Craig-

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed here in a large group - 3 families, including 3 young children 5 and under. We found the location excellent (very central/walkable and yet not too noisy). Service was very friendly and helpful, rooms impeccably clean and most surprising of all, the free breakfast buffet not only varied, but actually tasty :) So our stay was thoroughly enjoyable and the choice of the hotel made it very smooth. Would be happy to return whenever traveling with family again.

The only surprise was a $29 charge, posted a couple of days after departure, for a 10 minute phone call to Boston. Surprise in the sense that I have forgotten how outrageous hotel phone charges could be, but the rates were probably posted on the phone and it was my fault for not paying attention. Furthermore. when I called the hotel, they reversed the charge even though they were fully in the right to charge it. So, made me appreciate their hospitality even more.

1 Thank kasperdoggie
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Hello kasperdoggie-

Rome, New York
Reviewed 30 December 2013

PROS:
- Great location, just blocks from Grand Central, subways, and Rockafellar Center
- Wonderful staff was always looking to help and responsive to our needs. The service sets this hotel apart from others: Peter at the front desk was very welcoming, and the manager Derrick was very attentive to our needs. The concierge Gloria(?) was knowledgeable and very kind.
- Breakfast was included and had a lot of options like waffles, fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, oatmeal, and sandwiches
- free wifi
- Our room had a very nice kitchen, no oven though, and a really nice view of 48th street
- decent sized room with 2 queen beds, not typical Residence Inn size, but larger than what we have had in NYC before.

CONS:
- The breakfast was a little crowded, but the staff cleared seats quickly for us
- Housekeeping came late one day, but as soon as we called they came right up.
- We were on the 5th floor and could hear some noise from the street, but they had little earplugs in the rooms for us to use. Unfortunatly, no white noise machine, which would have helped.

Overall, the hotel is a great NYC addition. we stayed over Christmas, and the hotel seemed to be full. Yet the staff still went above and beyond to make us feel at home. We will be returning next year to NYC and we will make sure to visit the New York Residence Inn again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank soccermum78
Hello soccermum78-

I want to thank you for your kind words of praise on our Residence Inn Manhattan/Midtown East. My team and I pride ourselves in the service we provide all of our guests and it is great to hear of your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room & our great locaiton. Thank you for the special assocaite shout outs! We look forward to seeing you again the next time your in New York City.

Virginia
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We booked this for a short (4 day, 3 night) Christmas in the City getaway. Had not been to the city in 15 years.

We arrived early on 12/26 and were able to select one of the available rooms or wait later for one on a higher floor. Many travel weary family wanted a room to recharge a bit, so we took 404. This is on the back side of the hotel with a small view of the top of the Chrysler building. You will see other buildings and construction on the lot behind the hotel. Work started at 7 but we were up then. If you need morning quiet from M-F, you won't get it. For us it was no big deal because we were up and going on Friday am early and there was no noise on the weekend.

We were surprised by how big the room was. Plenty of drawer space, the kitchenette was nice and the closet and safe were ample for what we needed. Very clean (I'm a check the bathroom, pull the covers back and check kind of girl).

Hotel staff could not have been nicer. Did not have an unpleasant interaction with any of them. On our last day, we left our bags checked and had a day on the city before returning and retrieving them. We were able to use the hotel car/ride to Penn station instead of a taxi (same price, cleaner, nicer car). We saw other hotels where luggage was just lined up in the lobby.

Ideal location for us! Easy access to subway, short walk to Rockefeller Center/5th Avenue. Lots of restaurants, coffee shops in the area. Relatively quiet compared to other places in the city.

Used the included breakfast. Everyone could find something they liked to eat. A good variety with oatmeal, cereal, eggs, potatoes, bacon, ham, pastries, bagels, etc. Decent coffee. We were up early most of our mornings and had no issues with seating or elevator waits. The last day (rainy) we slept in a bit and ate later (after 8:30). Definitely more crowded and had to wait a little for the elevator. When we left to go out for the day about an hour later, we did witness the lines and crowd in the breakfast area. Eat early or be prepared to wait and share. The staff in the breakfast area did a great job cleaning up behind the guests, especially the young man working there (Kamra? name tag was too small to read clearly). He never stopped moving and was so polite and pleasant- management - give him a raise!

Will definitely return to this hotel.

Two minor complaints:
turn down the heat in the common room/breakfast area.
put a schedule for the concierge. tried to visit a few times and to know the hours would have been nice.

Room Tip: rooms on back side might have view of Chrysler Building lower rooms = less wait for elevator
1 Thank Vasoccerchick
Hello Vasoccerchick-

East Greenwich, Rhode Island
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Our family had a brief stay here this week. It was a great all around experience. The staff could not have been nicer We were greeted at the front desk by Sarah, who was extremely pleasant and helpful. She even remembered my name the next day at checkout! Everyone from the bellmen to the restaurant staff were warm and eager to help. The room was great as well. Everything was clean and new and there was a tremendous large screen TV! The location was perfect, a quiet side street yet very close to Rockefeller Plaza, St. Patrick's Cathedral, etc. We will definitely return to this hotel!

2 Thank al c