“Great place to stay!!! Superb!”

Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East
Ranked #38 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We just spent the weekend at the residence Inn Manhattan and had a fantastic stay. The staff was extremely courteous, the hotel is superclean and perfect location close to Times Square and theater district. The assistant manager Justin also did a really nice job of making my daughter feel special on her 16th birthday. When we returned the first evening we found a custom cupcake with a custom birthday card to her. Rooms are spacious and prices are very fair for the location can't go wrong, great place to stay!!
I am a Marriott platinum member and travel the country extensively, kudos to this team and great property!
Dave

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank berkmda
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Hello berkmda-

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott while traveling to New York City! I am pleased to hear that my team and I were able to make your daughter feel special on her 16th birthday! It is our goal here at the Residence Inn to always go the extra mile to ensure our guests stay are memorable and effortless. We look forward to welcoming you on your future travels to the big apple!

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We booked a room with a balcony; the balcony was definitely New York-sized, kind of like being on a cruise ship in Manhattan, but still fun!
The room was clean, well appointed, and the king sized bed very comfortable. The room included a 50" flat screen TV, and fully equipped kitchen with everything you could possibly need.
Didn't have occasion to use the in-room internet.
Breakfast buffet was great- you name it, it was there.
Absolutely loved the hotel, and would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Not sure I would pay extra for the balcony; it was small and the view was not really anything specia...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Hello wearytraveler080212-

I want to thank you for your kind words of praise on our Residence Inn Manhattan/Midtown East. My team and I pride ourselves in the service we provide all of our guests and it is great to hear of your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room & our great location. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you’re in New York City.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I realize my stay was during the doldrums - January following the busy Thanksgiving to New Year's season - but I never expected to get such a great room at just $169 ($195.95 after taxes) in New York City. I've stayed in the City many times before, almost always for at least $300 (before taxes) per night, and none of those hotels offered as many amenities as this one. To start, the hotel appears to be brand new. The rooms are comfortable, clean and large, and like suburban Residences, include a mini kitchen. The shower was huge, and the Internet free. Best of all was the surprisingly good and extensive free breakfast. In Manhattan, that's easily worth another $20-25.

Room Tip: Corner room on upper floor is quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hello betsy1224-

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We are a couple and a teen son, really enjoy our one bedroom suite. We have enough space and a very nice kitchen that solve our hunger at night during the blizzard days on 3 & 4 January. It was near the principles NY attractions and has metro stations nearby. We had all what we need during our stay in NY city. So it improved the expectations of my trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Hello CHECHITO-

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We really enjoyed our one bedroom suite we booked in Mid-December! The room was very clean and spacious and the breakfast in the morning was outstanding. If I had to buy that somewhere in the city would have cost me at least $50 for my family of four. Also the location was perfect! So glad I was able to book this place at the last minute and actually got a good rate for NYC! Only bad thing was not with the hotel was the parking lot across the street, which charged us for two 24 hour charges ($110) for parking there for 26 hours, after I had asked about that prior to leaving my car there the day before! But once again this place is Excellent place to stay while visiting NYC especially for families.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Hello dangagosufan-

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was well located for movement throughout Manhattan. The room was very roomy by New York standards, and I felt very safe there. My room was quiet and comfortable. I will definitely stay here next time I am in New York!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 813nicki

Hello 813nick-

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We are a family of 5 - 2 adults, 2 teens and 1 almost teen. We booked a one bedroom suite which was on the 12th floor with a balcony.
I really can't praise this fabulous hotel enough and we will be sad to say goodbye to it.
The welcome we received when we arrived was friendly and helpful.
New York can be notorious for lack of space in the hotel rooms so it was a shock to discover how spacious our rooms were. We had a lovely kitchen area with a full size fridge, microwave and dishwasher which was not fully utilized as I had no intention of cooking while on holiday but it was great to have the option and of course the kids loved microwaving the complementary popcorn!
We all loved the comfy beds and everything was modern and beautifully clean. Plenty of power points and we all utilized the free wifi.
A decent hair drier, iron and in room safe were all provided too.
We had breakfast downstairs every morning and the choice of food from the buffet was fabulous. You could have a full cooked breakfast or continental or both if you wanted! The children loved making their own waffles.
The laundry room was really handy as well as the gym and we loved spending time in the lounge area on the ground floor which was spacious with all sorts of seating arrangements. There were computer areas, complimentary newspapers, board games and books provided along with tvs. The complimentary tea, coffee and hot chocolate areas were a favourite extra touch for all of us.
I can't think of a thing that was missing. We stayed during New York's coldest weather on record and to return to our warm comfy friendly hotel after a freezing day out was a total pleasure.
The location is also brilliant with so much within walking distance or else an easy subway trip away. The area felt safe to walk about at night and there are some great eating places nearby.
Thank you so much to everyone at the hotel for making our stay such a happy one and we would definitely stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KimandCliff
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Hello KimandCliff-