“Comfy Beds and Great Location”

Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East
Ranked #38 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The beds are very comfortable in this Residence Inn. The room was clean and airy even though it was small. The breakfast buffet is very good and healthy alternatives. Overall a great hotel for midtown NY.

Room Tip: get higher up so the road noise outside is less likely to bother you . It's midtown so it's...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Justin E, Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Hello Tonya M-

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott while visiting New York City! I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast buffet with a wide variety of healthy and hot items that rotates on a daily basis. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels being you to the big apple!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I spent 2 months in New York. I found this place the best. I took a suite for 2 people, we had enough space, a great view, service couldn´t be better, breakfast was just excellent. We recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hello NanyBrussels,

Thank you for wonderful review about your experience here at the Residence Inn by Marriott New York City, I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the additional space in one of our spacious suites centrally located in Midtown, along with our excellent service oriented team. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends when your travels bring you to New York City!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We just spent the weekend at the residence Inn Manhattan and had a fantastic stay. The staff was extremely courteous, the hotel is superclean and perfect location close to Times Square and theater district. The assistant manager Justin also did a really nice job of making my daughter feel special on her 16th birthday. When we returned the first evening we found a custom cupcake with a custom birthday card to her. Rooms are spacious and prices are very fair for the location can't go wrong, great place to stay!!
I am a Marriott platinum member and travel the country extensively, kudos to this team and great property!
Dave

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank berkmda
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Hello berkmda-

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott while traveling to New York City! I am pleased to hear that my team and I were able to make your daughter feel special on her 16th birthday! It is our goal here at the Residence Inn to always go the extra mile to ensure our guests stay are memorable and effortless. We look forward to welcoming you on your future travels to the big apple!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We booked a room with a balcony; the balcony was definitely New York-sized, kind of like being on a cruise ship in Manhattan, but still fun!
The room was clean, well appointed, and the king sized bed very comfortable. The room included a 50" flat screen TV, and fully equipped kitchen with everything you could possibly need.
Didn't have occasion to use the in-room internet.
Breakfast buffet was great- you name it, it was there.
Absolutely loved the hotel, and would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Not sure I would pay extra for the balcony; it was small and the view was not really anything specia...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Hello wearytraveler080212-

I want to thank you for your kind words of praise on our Residence Inn Manhattan/Midtown East. My team and I pride ourselves in the service we provide all of our guests and it is great to hear of your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room & our great location. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you’re in New York City.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I realize my stay was during the doldrums - January following the busy Thanksgiving to New Year's season - but I never expected to get such a great room at just $169 ($195.95 after taxes) in New York City. I've stayed in the City many times before, almost always for at least $300 (before taxes) per night, and none of those hotels offered as many amenities as this one. To start, the hotel appears to be brand new. The rooms are comfortable, clean and large, and like suburban Residences, include a mini kitchen. The shower was huge, and the Internet free. Best of all was the surprisingly good and extensive free breakfast. In Manhattan, that's easily worth another $20-25.

Room Tip: Corner room on upper floor is quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hello betsy1224-

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We are a couple and a teen son, really enjoy our one bedroom suite. We have enough space and a very nice kitchen that solve our hunger at night during the blizzard days on 3 & 4 January. It was near the principles NY attractions and has metro stations nearby. We had all what we need during our stay in NY city. So it improved the expectations of my trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Hello CHECHITO-

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We really enjoyed our one bedroom suite we booked in Mid-December! The room was very clean and spacious and the breakfast in the morning was outstanding. If I had to buy that somewhere in the city would have cost me at least $50 for my family of four. Also the location was perfect! So glad I was able to book this place at the last minute and actually got a good rate for NYC! Only bad thing was not with the hotel was the parking lot across the street, which charged us for two 24 hour charges ($110) for parking there for 26 hours, after I had asked about that prior to leaving my car there the day before! But once again this place is Excellent place to stay while visiting NYC especially for families.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Justin E, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Hello dangagosufan-