“Favorite Hotel in NYC!”

Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East
Ranked #40 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have a new favorite hotel in NYC! We traveled to NYC with our 14 month old child and the hotel staff was great! It's never easy traveling to a city with a young child, but they made the trip very comfortable and easy! We were out and about most of the day, but we always started our day with breakfast. The breakfast staff was so warm, friendly and helpful! They helped entertain our child and even gave him a little bag of animal crackers each morning; which he loved!
There is no doubt we will be coming back to NY and staying at this hotel!

1  Thank chappyhappyfamily
Justin E, Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan / Midtown East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hello chappyhappyfamily-

Thank you for your wonderful five star review on TripAdvisor and for staying with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Midtown East.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we are your new favorite hotel in New York City!

We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back. In the meantime, we remain at your service.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Exactly what I was looking for on our trip to NYC. I was traveling with two 16 year olds and needed something central to a lot of different sights. The Marriott Residence Inn was perfect. Room was clean, breakfast was good and most importantly... The staff was super friendly and helpful!! Highly recommend the hotel if you are looking for something near Grand Central.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank ScituateHills

Hello ScituateHills-

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us due to our centralized location in Midtown Manhattan and our service oriented team.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Check in went smooth. The lobby is very nice and smells great. They have a couple computers with internet access and printers which was very useful. The free breakfast is pretty good and the staff working it are very nice and friendly. We had 3 rooms. The tv's in them are larger than most hotels. Decorated nicely. Shower pressure was ok, not the best I've had. Overall a very nice hotel and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies, Most do not. We had one and it was a nice feature
1  Thank michael b

Hello michael b-

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us due to our complementary amenities including breakfast, Wi-Fi, 24 business and fitness centers.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had a wonderful time at Residence Inn. The rooms are always clean and fresh looking, this time we were upgraded to a penthouse room - balcony and all, super. The staff was super helpful, from accommodating my husband's late request to get some clothes cleaned to their polite and positive greetings - always asking if we needed anything. The location is ideal and loved the lobby and breakfast areas (breakfast was delicious and plentiful). We look forward to our next stay there when we visit NYC.
nancy

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nac731

Hello nac731-

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our upgraded Penthouse Floor rooms with a spacious outdoor terrace and views of the iconic Chrysler Building in addition to our service oriented team.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Just returned from an excellent stay here and I can't be more complimentary about the location, the service and the value provided at this hotel. Like others, I received an email about a week before my arrival acknowledging my visit and asking if I had an special requests.
I responded by letting the hotel know that I was here for an anniversary trip. I was more than pleasantly surprised when the hotel upgraded us to a room on the penthouse floor with a patio and an excellent view of the city. When we came back after a night on the town, we had chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us in the room.
A few disclosures first. I am a loyal platinum member and I used points for this visit. Still, the welcome and the upgrade set the tone for the entire trip. I am a native New Yorker and I am the first to admit I could not live there again because of the pace and quite honestly the attitude. But my experience here makes me more than willing to visit again and again.
It's hard to beat the location near Grand Central and walking distance to so many attractions. I also loved the fitness center and the free breakfast. I couldn't believe one person complaining about the food. It's free, it's filling and provided so many great choices. It also gave me a chance to meet people from all over the world and it felt like I was part of a big family having breakfast together.
I will say New York seems like a much nicer place than the one I grew up in. I feel like I have a new home away from home.

Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank whodman

Hello whodman-

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while celebrating a special occasion. It is our pleasure to provide a complimentary room upgrade when available to our most loyal Marriott Rewards Elite guests, and I am happy to hear you got to enjoy one of our Penthouse Floor rooms.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed for 3 nights to celebrate her 10th birthday. The staff was consistently positive and helpful. They proactively emailed prior to our visit to ask if we were celebrating a special occasion and even sent a long personalized email of ideas of sites to see with my duaghter. Upon our arrival, they upgraded us to a larger room on a higher floor with a balcony that faced the back of the hotel (quieter). We were concerned there would be noise from our neighbors out on their balconies, but had no issue. The hotel sent up some complimentary cupcakes to celebrate her birthday and easily accomodated any request we made. We borrowed umbrellas for an evening storm and they even helped secure a car to the airport.

As suggested by others, the elevators were slow and one was out of order for part of a day, but we made do. The breakfast was excellent for being included in the room price. Lots of choices. Fresh foods and clean eating area.

It was nice to have the kitchen in the room to store extra food or microwave leftovers.

The only tweaks I would make were that it was sometimes hard to find a concierge and the ones at the desk did not appear as knowledgeable as the front desk staff or as the ones who emailed me prior to the visit. Oh and those elevators. If I could give this place a 4.5 I would. ;)

Overall an excellent, personalized experience for a great price. We will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Upper floors facing the back are positive for the view and quiet. If you don't like waiting for...
1  Thank Eliza M

Hello Eliza M-

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and for staying with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Midtown East.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while celebrating a special occasion and that we were able to help make it even more memorable with an upgraded spacious room on a high floor and outdoor terrace.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

If you are looking for a hotel to stay in Manhattan, choose Residence Inn. It is located between Lexington avenue and Third avenue very close to Grand Central.

The rooms are large, clean and equipped with everything one may need: fridge, cooker, tableware, hairdryer, etc.

The personnel is very efficient, polite and helpful.

In fact, I am fishing my memory to find anything I found annoying during my stay and fail. The only tip I may give: ask either for a room not facing 48th St, or for a room located the higher the better. I woke up 5:30 a.m. because of noise made by a trash collecting truck. Believe me, it was not a little five minute noise, it was a long symphony accurately performed during 40 minutes! However, that was the only inconvenience I had to struggle. In all other respects the hotel is two thumbs up.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Elle_Ventrouge

Hello Elle_Ventrouge-

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us with our centralized location in Midtown Manhattan and our service oriented team.