“Great Location!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Troy, Michigan
“Great Location!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great location. Clean room. Friendly service. Hot breakfast buffet included. Easy walk to subway. Lots of restaurants in the area. Corner market stores nearby. Pharmacies nearby. Nice private taxi ride to airport upon checking out. Would stay again!

Room Tip: Try to stay in a top floor for a better view of New York. We stayed in a lower floor and did not ha...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Justin E, Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hello jandajohnson-

Thank you for your five star review on TripAdvisor and for staying with us again at the Residence Inn by Marriott Midtown East.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us due to our central location in Midtown Manhattan and complimentary amenities such as a daily hot breakfast & Wi-Fi.

We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back. In the meantime, we remain at your service.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
DaveSmith007
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am a Marriott Platinum member... I logged 75 nights in Marriotts last year and am on my way to significantly exceed that this year. I am so delighted by this hotel, I had to get on and write this review immediately. I've been coming to NYC for 5 years now on business and I almost always stay at the Marriott East Side, which is one block away from here. I've stayed there all this time b/c even though its not that clean and not that nice and the rooms are small and the AC/heat doesn't work well, etc. I thought it was the best I could get in NYC for a Marriott. Wow was I wrong... this Residence Inn is *significantly* nicer in every single way... nicer, more spacious rooms, totally new and refurbished property, very friendly staff, etc. etc. I'll never stay anywhere else again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DaveSmith007
Hello DaveSmith007-

I am pleased to hear that you are such a loyal Marriott Guest and that you enjoyed your stay with us due to our spacious guestrooms and services oriented team.

Minneapolis
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was in Manhattan a few weeks ago visiting family and I stayed here again and I'm so glad I did, the first time was fantastic and this time it was even better than before. Again I'd going to do a lot of repeating myself from the last review but the hotel is clean the staff is very friendly and helpful I was sitting in the lobby waiting and a staff member just came up to see if my stay was ok and if they could do anything to make it better, it's very rare you get that. My room once again was spotless and the view was great with the Met Life & Chrysler Buildings right outside my window. Lastly I really like the location its located within walking distance of so many different things and we did a lot of walking, I'm coming back to Manhattan in late July and I will be staying there once again! If you don't give this hotel a try your crazy!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello boatingpauly-

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your second stay with us due to our service oriented team wonderful location in the heart of Midtown Manhattan.

San Jose
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a nice property in a good location. We have stayed in Midtown before and really like the area. From a transportation standpoint, subway stops are 5 blocks away. Groceries, Laundry - 2 blocks away.

The staff is great, and was always ready to help out. On the first night we got assigned a room on the 2nd floor facing the road.. The front desk rep said it was a great room. Couldnt sleep the night because of road noise and proximity to the street. Requested for a change and got a great room on 8th floor. The service in general was great, and all requests were handled with a smile.

The room seemed the right size given Midtown/Manhattan standards with a minimal kitchenette that served our purpose.

The breakfast was adequate, and despite being 4th of July week never had to wait for anything at breakfast. Standard fair - Bagels, muffins, and they even had Samosas one day :)

Couple of improvements/nits - a) 2 elevators for a 17 floor property seemed inadequate for a busy hotel. You might have to wait a bit sometimes especially during breakfast, checkout time. b) Concierge could be better informed about local transportation and other options.

Bathroom seemed small, and bath products seemed OK. My son mentioned - "Dad, wasnt the soap/shampoo better at the hotel we stayed in DC", and I had to agree.

Nice hotel, would recommend.

Room Tip: Please request a room away from the (48th) street.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TP_Travel_Chronicles
Hello TP_Travel_Chronicles-

I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed our convenient location central in Midtown Manhattan and that we were able to accommodate you on a higher floor away from the street noise.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my kids, and this was the perfect choice for us! They even had a room ready right away even though we were about an hour before check in! After a long day of flying with the kids, I was so glad to check in and relax in a room right away! I knew then that we would like this place. Very close to attractions and to several subway stops-I mean Grand Central was only a few short blocks away if you didn't want to transfer or needed something other than the 4, 5, or 6. Well worth spending a little more than I wanted on a room with breakfast and wifi included which several hotels want to charge you for these things.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Emily_Jane_144
Justin E, Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Hello Emily_Jane_144-

I am pleased to hear that you and your kids enjoyed our convenient location central in Midtown Manhattan and that we were able to accommodate an early check in for you. It is great that you enjoyed many of our complimentary amenities including daily hot breakfast and Wi-Fi.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Convenient location. Can walk to two different subway stops, Rockefeller, the UN. Couple drugstores nearby to pickup drinks for the fridge and snacks. Plenty of restaurants nearby.

Room was spacious and clean.

Free breakfast offered plenty of options and was always kept up very well (despite being a very busy Fourth of July week). Not sure what a previous reviewer meant by not enough healthy options as there was always several types of fruit available.

Staff was very attentive. We needed help with the in room safe and extra towels and had a visit from staff both times within minutes.

Would absolutely stay here again and would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: My reco would be a room on the back of the property. I haven't been on the front but heard on he...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank paulmlac
Justin E, Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Midtown East, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hello paulmlac-

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location central in Midtown Manhattan, in addition to our many complimentary amenities such as daily hot breakfast with healthy options available and Wi-Fi.

USA
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Located in midtown, easily walk-able to the theater district, dining and 5th Avenue shops, the Residence Inn is worth considering for a mid-tier property. The rooms are large by NYC standards, are recently furnished, and contain basic kitchen capability in addition to a good size desk, and seating area. The hotel furnishes a solid breakfast, better than many provided by other hotel featuring breakfasts. The hot food was hot, it was rapidly replenished even though the hotel was full and the lobby was swarming with people, and the dirty dishes were rapidly removed. Impressive! Hotel staff was quite helpful.

Few downsides; mostly to be expected. Since it is a Residence Inn, there is no restaurant or bar, but all you have to do is walk across the street for those. Parking costs $50/day with hotel validation; the parking lot is across the street from the hotel. The only real criticism is the elevators. When the hotel is full at peak time (breakfast) it can take 5-10 minutes to get up or down. However this does teach you not to forget your sunglasses when you leave your room.

Room Tip: It's NY, so stay up high to avoid street noise. However this may lengthen your elevator wait in...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoamerUSA
Hello RoamerUSA-

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and for staying with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Midtown East.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in New York City and our spacious guest rooms even for Manhattan standards and our service oriented team. Unfortunately as you noted we do not have a bar in the hotel however there are many on our block alone and many more with a blocks walk away.