Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“Overnight stay”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here overnight prior to going to London. Great location! Close to subway station. Was able to see many sites since it have a great location!
Breakfast was good!
Has a patio/bar on the roof with a lovely view of the city!
Staff was very helpful and very nice!!!

Stayed June 2014
NYCPS1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Brookelyns thank you so much for the great 5 star review! We are excited you enjoyed your stay with us and got to take advantage of the roof top bar! We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Mark Thomson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to NYC. I didn't know what to expect. The rooms were small but I guess that's to be expected. The hotel staff was friendly. The room was nice with a view toward lower Manhattan. The rooftop bar was a nice add. It was a nice location to explore things such as the Empire State Building and Time Square. I would stay again if back in the area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
NYCPS1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
jmiller112 thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are certainly glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you got to take advantage of the roof top bar. We couldn't agree more that the roof top view is great and definitely a nice amenity of the hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Las Vegas
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I had a reservation at this hotel that was actually prepaid. I got there at 2am because my flight into JFK was delayed. The two clerics at the front desk looked at me like a pair of deers caught in headlights and proceeded to tell me the hotel was "overbooked". After 45 minutes of them looking for another hotel for me I decided to call Marriott myself and they were very nice and rebooked me at a different property. Of course the new rate $400.00. The employees at the fairfield inn just told me it was out of their hands and there was nothing they could do. Is this really a way to treat guests? I had an entire vacation booked at Marriott properties in China in July and August and I am unhooking everything as soon as I figure out what went on here. It is 3:15am and of course now I am so upset I can't sleep. My advice to you is... Don't trust that you will show up and your reservation will be ready. I am including my reservation number so that Trip Advisor knows that I am a real reviewer. My Marriott reservation number was 80640010. The name of the Hotel Manager is Mark Thompson and my question for him is: What would you do if you show up at 2am looking for the room you booked and it is not available! Mr. Thompson, this is not the way to do business. The two clerics that could not help and just starred at me are Darrel and David. Why have people work in the hospitality industry who are anything but hospitable?

Room Tip: Make sure they will respect your reservation
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
9 Thank rabfel
rabfel On behalf of the entire team here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Penn Station again I would like to apologize for the experience that you encountered at our hotel. I am glad that I had the opportunity to speak with you and formally apologize for the incident that occurred. We strive to provide the best customer service in NYC and we definitely let you down when you arrived to the hotel and for that we are extremely sorry.
As discussed, please contact me when your travel plans bring you back to New York City as I would truly like to ensure your next stay is flawless!

TN
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel from June 6th to June 9th...could not have asked for friendlier or better service !! Staff was very nice and helpful!! our room was on 20th floor..elevators were fast...breakfast was very good..room was very quiet at night and the bed was nice and comfortable....absolutely loved the huge shower!!!! On Monday when we had to leave for the airport the rain was pouring down...I found out that there are NO telephone #'s for taxi's but the desk person had a number for a SUV pickup..she called them for us And the gentleman was there in 10 min to pick us up...the cost was $90 but was glad to pay that to keep from ruining my luggage and getting on the plane soaking wet!!! Plus the ride was much more comfortable and less nerve racking than the taxi ride we took from the airport! There was a gorgeous view from the rooftop bar at night...I highly recommend this Fairfield Inn!!!

• Stayed June 2014
KarenC03 Thank you so much for the amazing 5 star review! I am thrilled to hear about your stay and the service you received. We strive to provide great customer service and I am certainly glad that the staff was able to find away to accommodate you with your needs. The greatest compliment is a great recommendation!
We can't wait to welcome you back to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Penn Station!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The staff of this hotel was very helpful. They were very accommodating since I got there very early in the morning and they allowed me access to the room. The room was spacious and clean. There was a work desk and a separate armchair. The free breakfast is good and, for transit users, you're right in front of Penn Station. But the best feature of this hotel is their rooftop terrace.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Abdelrahman E
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The location of this hotel is great, and the room I had was very comfortable. Included breakfast was also delicious and well organised!

I found the reception staff and staff which held my luggage for me a bit offish, not informing me upon my early checkin that my room didn't have a view and not being friendly or accommodating when I asked about the possibility of changing rooms.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask at reception about getting a room with a view.
Green Features: Very good practices, there are options to not have your towels replaced.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Typical Marriott amenities. OK breakfast, laundry in basement. Rooms were spacious for NY city.
Subway stop at the end of the block, many stores and restaurants nearby. Felt very safe...in the shadow of Penn station and Madison Sq. garden

Room Tip: High floor away from street noise...tight soundproof windows
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family