“Best brunch I've had”
Review of Sotto 13

Sotto 13
Reserve with OpenTable
Sotto 13 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,472 of 14,468 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: West Village
Cross street: 6th & 7th Ave
Description: Italian-inspired menu featuring handcrafted pasta, house-made charcuterie, fish & meats from Executive Chef Ed Cotton, who brings new interpretations to old classics. Also featuring a wood-burning oven for roasted dishes and wood-fired pizza. Chef Cotton has led the kitchens of world-renowned restaurants and celebrated chefs including David Burke, Daniel Boulud, Laurent Tourondel and Barbara Lynch. He has also competed on Bravo TV's Top Chef and Iron Chef America as Sous Chef to Iron Chef Cat Cora. Weekend Brunch - A social experience designed for the table. All selections served center of table, on platters to share. Includes our brunch cocktails. $35 pp (Requires full table participation. Includes a bottle of sparkling wine or large carafe of bloody mary or mimosa per 2 guests) Ala carte menu also available. DIY (Do it yourself) Prosecco Bar - be your own bartender at the table and mix and match a variety of liqueurs, purees and add-ins with flowing glasses of prosecco. Available at brunch. Happy Hour - 2 for $13 cocktails / 2 for $10 beer / special menu. (Mon - Fri; 5 pm - 7 pm) Private Dining - Host your next group dining event at Sotto 13.
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I live in the UK but the thing I most look forward to when I visit New York is going out for brunch. Last time I was in the city I met up with some friends and we went for brunch at Sotto 13. I have never laughed so much or had such a lovely time as I had there, the staff were very friendly but attentive, the food was delicious, and the cocktails were lovely. I have to admit I may have had one cocktail too many for a lunchtime but everything was brilliant. It was so good I am bringing my mum to New York in January and it will be her first time in the city and I am hoping to go back for brunch on my birthday, I can't think of anywhere else I would rather celebrate!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We had a celebratory dinner at Sotto 13 a few weeks ago. The place exceeded my wildest expectations. Sotto 13 really delivers FTW. The fresh pappardelle pasta in the Fresca entree was drool worthy and continue haunt me food dreams. The fresh pasta was tossed with a light tomato sauce along with leeks, zucchini, asparagus and mushrooms. The wood-fired pizza was spot on and the server was quick to appease. We asked for the Di Parma pizza with light red sauce, the pizza typically comes sans red sauce. What arrived as not a Neapolitan pizza, but a light, thin but not too thin, pie topped with red sauce, mozzarella, arugula and proscuitto di parma. I prefer it this way. For tasters, try the grilled octopus and chickpea fries. How can you go wrong with chickpea fries? A silk smooth delivery of chickpeas in a crisp vessel.

There's indoor and outdoor seating. We sat indoors under the skylight. The servers are attentive. The seating is comfortable. The noise volume was agreeable. The food was delicious.

My only reservation? This little piggy wished there was more octopus in the grilled.

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

So glad I followed the TA advice. Lovely decor, excellent food, good service and reasonable prices. A great placeto meet friends for a casual meal. Wild mushroom pizza was nicely thin crusted and delish. Chick pea fries with sun dried tomato pesto was yummy.

1  Thank bkcrabby
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed dining al fresco at this casual Italian restaurant on the West side. Great pizzas and pastas and good wine. Just don't expect the dishes to come out at the same time!

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Don't think you're going to find a better place to sit and relax than this one. Our server was great, and the food was even better! Best part is the all you can drink Prosecco (get the DIY Prosecco bar), mimosas, bellini's and other brunch booze. On a quiet street and outdoor seating, go there!

1  Thank Miketoast