“Terrible- Worst Chinese food I have ever eaten”
Review of Mottzar Kitchen - CLOSED

Mottzar Kitchen
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Firstly I ordered a smoothie and I was given an ice slush drink (a smoothie is meant to be blended fruit?).... We then ordered the duck and pancakes which was pretty much inedible- tasteless fat and bones... I have had duck in many restaurants before, and this was definitely the worst. Absolutely awful food which was incredibly overpriced for what it was. I would never recommend anyone to eat there!

1  Thank MrYousi

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were rummaging around China Town when we came upon this gem!! We had the duck and pancakes and I also ordered dumpling soup. In 50 years this might have been the most authentic and delicious Chinese restaurant I have eaten at!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Three of us hopped off of an on/off bus in Chinatown on a frigid day and a snowstorm. We found this restaurant and had delicious hot and sour and won ton soups, chicken fried rice and crispy beef and orange. The rice and beef were servings large enough to share. The service was prompt and prices reasonable.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I were walking through Chinatown and getting hungry when we saw the A rating in the window so we decided to try it. What a great restaurant. The menus had pictures so we just pointed and they brought it out. It was amazing so we pointed at some more. It was awesome. When we go back in November we will go back. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was very authentic with many Asians eating in family groups.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We (4) had lunch there couple of weeks ago. They now have a buy 3 get 1 free deal, because they're likely dying for customrs. Why? Greedy landlords. Their rent must be very high. On the special menu, likely available at lunch time, has dishes that are like $9 per. For Chinatown, at lunch, that's pricey. The quality, undoubtedly, was very good. Quantity? Not overwhelmingly generous, 'cos we're talking Chinatown NYC. AND, perhaps THAT'S why they haven't been doing that much business, sparsely seated most of the time. That hurts, man! Rent must be exorbitantly high, 'cos it's centrl on Mott St. I rated it "very good" simply because of food quality. Quantity? Not so good. 3 stars = Average, but I think it's slightly better than that. So, 3.5 stars? There's no such choice. So.... 3.5 stars ended up as 4; a bit over, but at least none will fault me for being toooooo prejudiced against them.