“French island in the heart of Manhattan ”
Review of Cocotte

Cocotte
Reserve with OpenTable
Cocotte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #948 of 13,830 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: SoHo
“French island in the heart of Manhattan ”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Have been visiting NYC and stooped by the Soho. There is a quite beautiful cozy basement right in the middle of Soho. My wife and I were completely occupied by the rainbow of tastes and a cuteness of the serving meal.
Thank you for an amazing times and unforgettable meals!

“Perfect French getaway”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We had just arrived in the city and were wandering around Soho looking for a light dinner and drinks when we came across Cocotte. Not a fancy exterior, in fact it is below street level. As you walk down the few steps to go in, one of the staff greets you instantly. Morgane was knowledgable with our wine selection and fun to chat with while we enjoyed our meal. Yichyssoise was delightful. Friendly service, small quaint space and wonderful food. We were thrilled with our find!

New York City, New York
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I eat out a lot and this restaurant instantly made an impression on me. The staff is incredibly friendly and knowledgeable, really top notch service. Great ambiance and cozy and the food was really terrific and special. It was one of the best french restaurants I've been too, the menu was creative, interesting and just delicious. Portions were great for sharing and wine selection was very nice too. I rarely go back to places repeatedly in NYC and this is one I'll continue to visit.

• Visited May 2014
Chris Sandeman
“A new favorite for me!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Terrific spot, busy and bustling, but maintining great service. Food is fresh and the kitchen isn't making it too complicated; there is nothing pretentious about this place...fresh and honest food complimented by an unintimidating and fairly priced wine list. Okay, this isn't the special French place for your 50th anniversary...it's the special French basque place you eat at twice a week and go home and with enough in your pocket to come back again soon.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Chris_Sandeman
San Juan
“Very well pleased”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I went with my wife and grown children for kind of a brunch at noon on the Saturday before Mothers' Day. I found the place browsing through Open Table, I believe and we were not disappointed. It is a quaint little restaurant which serves small plates, tapa's like. We tried several and I can say that we loved them all. The service is attentive and good. You have to try the hamberger ahich is small enough so that you can try other things. And it is delicious, served with a lite sauce and light salad, You do not add mayo or ketchup, it is not needed. And the sandwich (can't remember the name) is outstanding.
I do not think I would go there for dinner but whenever I am in the area I will definitely go back to munch on some tapas and have a drink or two in a great atmosphere.

• Visited May 2014